• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mexico: Galeana & Real Catorce March 2018?

Reaction score
I am planning to make a trip to Galeana and Real de Catorce next Spring during the week of March 11 to March 18 of 2018 on my 650 V-strom. I was planning to do MexTrek back in October but had to step out for family reasons. Hoping to find a few like-minded riders who would enjoy making this trip.

I have to do it this week because of my vacation schedule as a teacher. I realize many others may be doing Round the Bend the next week...

I have done a lot of hill country class 2 riding. I've got knobbies and a skid-plate on the V. I would seek dirt but probably stay away from class 3 on this trip to avoid issues. I like to ride smart, enjoy the scenery and stop and take a picture now and again. I rode motocross as a kid but those days are over.

IF you're interested, feel free to post or send me a PM. I get busy and don't check the site every day, but I'll get back to you. Also, I speak Spanish fairly well which .... can be helpful in a Spanish-speaking country.

Still planning on the trip, just myself and another previous MexTrek rider. Will post after.

Last edited:
Planning to be in that area the second week of march, a few of us from NWArkansas and a Texan we are picking up on the way down.

Back