• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Saturday 9/1 Dual Sport Ride

Reaction score
I know it's been a while since I've posted one of these, so I think it's about time! Given the rain we've been having through the area this week, I'm thinking we should stick to one of the drier routes. I think we'll go for the Fayetteville one for convenience. It's about 160 miles of 50% or better dirt and gravel county roads with one creek crossing that usually amounts to a few inches of water. There's also a cool 1880's vintage bridge on the route. Lunch will be at Orsak's in Fayetteville. Gas is available at lunch and at a couple other spots, but a 100 mile range makes things easy and comfortable. The route is big bike friendly and my rides are small bike friendly as well. No one will be left behind.

GPX: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dl/ti9wfaphbuhavzw/Fayetteville DS Loop v3.gpx

Meetup will be at Buc-ee's in Waller at the corner of FM362 and 290 at 0800. The plan is to be on the road by 0830. Please make sure to fill you gas tank upon arrival at Buc-ee's and go to the bathroom if needed.

In:

1) William Wolfen
2) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike
3) Hodee
4) Hodee +1
5) Hodee +2
6) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #2
7) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #3
8) Old Dude on a Dirt Bike #4
9)

Maybe:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Last edited:
Since the weatherman can't make up his mind, we'll call this weather tentative. I'll post a weather decision Friday night.

Been waiting for you to post up a ride. Been riding early mornings all summer. To bad for me that I will be out of town for 3 day weekend (gotta keep wife happy ) Hope to catch next one,have fun.

Been waiting for you to post up a ride. Been riding early mornings all summer. To bad for me that I will be out of town for 3 day weekend (gotta keep wife happy ) Hope to catch next one,have fun.
One of these days we'll get you out on another one. With fall just around the corner you can expect more rides. Between the heat and some personal things I haven't had much riding time this summer.

Last edited:
I'm in. Also invited 2 more. Hope the weather holds up. I don't mind a little rain.

Sorry I missed it. Was up in Arkansas. Hope to catch the next one.

Didn’t get to ride, but did at least get to drive through some of the Ouachitas and Ozarks.

Back