• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

You meet the coolest people when riding...

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
So I was out cruising my favorite dirt roads today in the gale force winds and fog banks of pollen when I came upon the coolest thing!

da501b5dc88bbfa1bdba303b75de9a92.jpg

64440089cc72fab4d62af6b89c1692cb.jpg

0739d907bb9a936794db418786fa47d7.jpg

6577e7405e95a55ec2008f324180aca1.jpg

When I stopped, the owner came out. He showed it off while explaining all the cool stuff he did. The truck was a pasture find. Everything was rebuilt from the customized frame up! Some of the things that look like fuel tanks are actually storage compartments, propane, water, a boat(!), and more. It was all very cool!

Then we started talking about motorcycles. It turns out he’s a rider as well. He also holds several motorcycle land speed records. His name is Charles Nichols. He custom built a diesel bike for his runs after being inspired by the movie about Burt Munro. You can find more info about him with a basic Google search. He’s a really nice guy and fun to chat with.

I love these kinds of random encounters.

Oh yeah, red bud trees were blooming like crazy! I even saw some nice dogwoods blooming.
2f10bbf45871a770e1bac7e9ac756fbc.jpg

Very cool. The fabrication ability of some people is pretty incredible.

RVers are a different breed, for sure. And I thought I'd seen every Airstream conversion there was.

Speaking of dogwoods, I'll be in Daingerfield in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm hoping we get there while the dogwoods are in bloom; they have a pretty short season.

A Kenstream or Airworth.

I'm loving that conversion!
What a great way to go too, not too many places you couldn't go either. Super nice work.
You could even replace the camper entirely if you needed to, without losing the base rig.

Maaaaaaaan, that thing this is tops! I don't even know why I like it so much, I just do. Hat-tip to that builder for all the skill and creativity. Awesomeness.

For years I have seen a '66 F600 flatbed sitting at the side of the road in an old gas station in my neighborhood. I had the F100 model as my first car. I have also spent time browsing how to build your own tear drop trailer but would love to find an older travel trailer to drop onto the flatbed with a late model motor. Not as nice as an Airstream but would be a pretty nice set up!

RVers are a different breed, for sure. And I thought I'd seen every Airstream conversion there was.

Speaking of dogwoods, I'll be in Daingerfield in about 2 1/2 weeks. I'm hoping we get there while the dogwoods are in bloom; they have a pretty short season.
Daingerfield, my home town. I know that the Dogwoods have not started to bloom yet, because I can still breath. But I'll keep you posted on their progress.

Back