• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Tour of Forts - March 23-25

Slight change of plans.

Let's have supper tonight (Friday night) @ Possum Hollow. The late arrival can all meet us there about 6:30/7.

Saturday morning breakie will be in Eliasville @ the Hilltop Cafe.
I can be reached at (940) four five six 0 two five five

Last edited:
If I am able to pick up my new to me GSA this afternoon, I'd like to join you guys tomorrow. If it happens, I'll probably not get it until tonight at 7 so too late to come out but I could be there in the morning. What time at Hilltop for breakfast?

PS... I share a love for good coffee. Guess it's fitting that I bought a BMW.

Last edited:
Slight change of plans.

Let's have supper tonight (Friday night) @ Possum Hollow. The late arrival can all meet us there about 6:30/7.

Saturday morning breakie will be in Eliasville @ the Hilltop Cafe.
I can be reached at (940) four five six 0 two five five

See ya there tonight !

Thanks for having me, the ride today was great. Unfortunate that I couldn't stay the rest of the weekend... Next time. That ride back just now was brutal ?

Got home around 8:30. Enjoyed the ride. Aaron, thx for leading.

Great ride and the food stops were memorable. Got to visit 3 of the forts but will try to make it to Ft. Belknap and Richardson another time. Enjoyed seeing familiar faces after the long winter. Thanks again, MF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got home at 11.

It was an awesome weekend. Thanks for doing this Aaron.

Thanks for organizing and leading this ride. It was great! Also thanks for putting us up in the bunkhouse!

Thanks for organizing and leading this ride. It was great! Also thanks for putting us up in the bunkhouse!

A good time was had by all. Thanks Aron for the great ride. I made it to my brother's in FW(what a blustery ride!) and am chillin...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

After stops in Graham (to visit), Strawn (because it was almost 11 and time for lunch) and Cransfills Gap, I made it home about 3pm. 810 miles for the weekend. Good people, good times. Thanks Aaron for the hospitality.

I want to say to all you guys what a pleasure it was to meet you. Although it's difficult for me to remember all your names, I did get to know Lucas, two
Davids, Robert, James, Andre and of course our host Aaron only because I was around them more. A special thank you to you Aaron, for kinda-sorta making things a little easier during my stay. Hopefully our paths will cross again in the future.

Joe

I had a great time. Hearing David & Andre last night debate the relative merits of Beemer riders & Harley riders was quite instructional.

Thanks to everyone for comin out.

That debate was very instructional.:lol2:

I figured they both would have turned on me, if I threw the merits of Japanese riders into the debate.:eek2:

Last edited:
Got home at 11.

It was an awesome weekend. Thanks for doing this Aaron.

You didn't have any of my fun did you?

I had a great time. Hearing David & Andre last night debate the relative merits of Beemer riders & Harley riders was quite instructional.

Thanks to everyone for comin out.

Sorry I missed that. Should I hope for a reprise at a later date? On the other hand we could get Simmons1 started on orange for the next debate. He loves that color. He has Austrian ancestry you know.

Thanks Aaron for hosting us at the family ranch and leading us to all the forts. I must say the meal places was a bonus. It was great meeting everyone. I had a great time and hopefully see some or all of you again soon...... :)

You didn't have any of my fun did you?

Sorry I missed that. Should I hope for a reprise at a later date? On the other hand we could get Simmons1 started on orange for the next debate. He loves that color. He has Austrian ancestry you know.

I had all of your fun, for you. You might as well write this one off.:lol2:

Sorry I missed it, turns out my move date got moved, lol. Maybe in the future we'll have a chance to do the ride again.

http://fortchadbourne.org/index.html

I'm not really a history buff but this place was over the top well done. And they're good people too. While most of the others took the guided tour, three of us rested under the pavilion. The owner came out and chatted with us for quite a while. He left when a large group, all wearing bright yellow shirts with the word "missing" on them returned from the tour. Good naturedly, he asked "who's missing"?
"my son" the father answered and set upon the story of how his son ran out of gas on a nearby hiway and hasn't been seen since. I forget the year, but maybe 2011? Mr Richards listened intently, mentioned that he'd not heard the story despite being a local and immediately offered to help get the word out. They walked away to exchange information so I didn't hear the rest, but it was pretty heartwarming to see someone take an interest just because he though he could help.

Back