• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Jeans for cold weather riding

Reaction score
Found this review about some jeans and purchased the same jeans. They are great!. Check it out - [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V4s85ZPoN8"]REVIEW[/ame]

I've had a pair of those for about 3-4 years (guy in the video says flannel lined but they have a fleece lining) - bought them either in late February or early March when they were marked down in price. Very warm and no wind penetration when riding. Highly recommended and on Cabela's website they have these listed on sale at the present time (for less than I paid).

Last edited:
So far the coldest w/ just the jeans was 34+. I rode on a day that started at 29 so I put long johns and the jeans and that was very comfortable.

My temp range w/ the fleece lined jeans has been about the same as oldtexan's. Rode this past Sunday - temp was 34 degrees leaving the house and jeans kept the legs warm. 68 degrees on the ride back home and still comfortable. I highly recommend them.

I agree fleece is warmer than flannel, however I would think flannel is a bit better at blocking wind. I know fleece jackets aren't very good in cold, windy conditions without a shell over it or something added to it.
I have a pair of fleece lined jeans and agree they are crazy warm, but on the bike it seems to me like the wind goes thru the denim and any insulative properties of the fleece are just defeated. And my pair of fleece jeans are thicker than the Cabelas. I have several pairs of the regular Cabelas jeans and really like them, but my Wrangler Riggs are even heavier denim.
But it may still be better than the flannel. I've not tried the flannel. ymmv.

I have 2 pairs of actual moto jeans for riding.

Resurgence - lighter, look like normal jeans
Bull-It - heavier, and very warm.

Both pairs cost around $200 per.

Neat. I ride with leather pants over long johns. No wind penetration, super warm, and if I go down I'm actually protected with leather and armor.

Picked up a pair with fleece Sunday but have not tried them yet. Had to go to a larger size than my regular jeans. Hope to get a chance to try them soon. They were on special for half price. Be careful at check out they did to try to charge more than the advertised price. Thanks oldTexan for the post and review.

Last edited:
Back