• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thanksgiving Gathering -Dec 1-3, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely bugging out before Sunday meal but will be there Friday and Saturday!

For those that will be here Saturday (Dec. 2nd) there will be several activities to choose from. Mr2Mch said he would lead a ride on some of the back roads (paved) and JT is planning on leading a more dirty route.

For the more sedate or history buffs among us, this weekend is the time of the annual Norweigan Country Christmas Tour. The nearby community of Norse was founded by early settlers from Norway in the 1800's. The tour will include several historic sites that you may find interesting. More information can be found here http://www.visitclifton.org/page/country-christmas.aspx

For the vintage car buffs, the Clifton Classic Chassis Auto Museum will also be open. Additionally the newly restored Edwin Olsen Railroad Museum will be open for tours.

Tickets for the tour are $12 each and can be purchased that day. Thee Saint and I plan on hitting some of these sites in the Grey Goose and you are welcome to tag along if you think you can keep up. If you don't want to do the tour, there will be several free activities downtown and carriage rides wills be available

One of our favorite events during this festival is the Norwegian Luncheon This meal is classic Norwegian meatballs, gravy, sides and some great deserts NOTE: NOT LUTFISK!

Sometimes there is a group of Norwegian that come to the United States just to attend this event. We have been fortunate enough to sit and visit with some of these great folks.

The meal is $10 a person and tickets go fast. If you wish to join us for the meal you will need to let me know ASAP and I will purchase tickets for you (yes, you gota pay me back). Tickets will probably sell out in the next few days, so let me know ASAP.

Oh, for those of you hankering for Lutfisk The nearby town of Cransfils Gap will be having their Lutfisk dinner that evening.

Count me in for camping Friday and Saturday. Would love to get in on the Norwegian festivities too, 2 meal tix please!

Thanks,

Gerard

Looking forward to the whole weekend and Norwegian lunch goodness! Thanks for getting the tickets in advance, Bob.

And some clarification.
We will come on Friday, taking into account the vast distance we have to travel.
and leave on Monday morning, for the same reason.
Actually I,ll fall asleep at the wheel ( or handlebars) after the lunch so I rather stay over.

Bob you left me off. In for camping Saturday night and hanging in there for grub also Sunday if you can put up with me that long? Maybe plus one for the same.

Hey Folks!

I finally completed a body count. Please review post #1 and confirm that I have you listed correctly. I know its still a little bit off, but I need to plan on how many mouths need feeding.

Thanks.

i would like to be on the list if there is room. camping friday and/or sat nights and sunday grub.

Okay so unfortunately I don't think camping is in the cards for me this year. However, my wife Kearby and I will be there for the Sunday lunch.

I aint gonna miss a Sunday Thanx meal at La Casa of the Squires...thats fer sher...

&...A Saturday bit o goatpathery is a good prelude

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Somehow you left greeneyes and me off the Sunday meal list. Or was there a message there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In for Friday night and half of Saturday. Have to leave around lunch on Saturday since I'm on shift Sunday.

Somehow you left greeneyes and me off the Sunday meal list. Or was there a message there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And you want to eat too!!

geez, you want a lot. OK, I added you to the list. You might as well belly up and attend the Norwegian luncheon on Saturday too. Let me know ASAP

Myself and my canine posse are in for camping friday and saturday night. In for norwegian festival to cater to my viking root (forgot percentage) A maybe for thanksgiving meal depending on time, have to leave sunday at 10 at latest to help with event in Conroe.

Thank you Sir Bob and Saint Teresa for hosting again. I look forward to fellowship, fire, film, and food.

Peace and Love, and Happy Thanksgiving week everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back