• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Canadian rider looking to warm up a bit

mark96

Reaction score
Hi all, Heading down to Texas Hill Country in mid Feb. Solo trip for me this time. Will have my 2014 klr in the back of the van for a long 3 day drive south from Canada. Will hopefully find somewhere to stay around Fburg. If anyone might know someone that would rent me a room for a couple of weeks that would be awesome. If not, will likely stay at the KOA.
Would be cool to hook up with like minded rider(s) for some hill country rides
Oh ya...should let you know ....just turned 63 and have been riding since I was a munchkin. This will be my 5th winter ride in Texas. Love it!
You can email me at mstevenswpg@gmail.com
Here is a pic of my bike from late November when the snow put an end to my season.

Attachments

• unnamed (7) (Copy).jpg
    unnamed (7) (Copy).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 190
Welcome to the site! :wave:

:tab Always good to have friends from the North come down to play in the winter. The last two days here have been spectacular with clear skies and temps in the low 70s. I had a fellow 1200 GS rider come down some years back and we spent a few days wandering around in the woods of East Texas letting him get his "Adventure legs" so to speak since the GS was new to him. He was from Ottawa. We had a great time. The crazy thing is that he brought the snow with him!! That year it snowed all the way down in Brownsville at the Southernmost tip of Texas :eek2: He was not amused by this after driving all this way to get away from the now :lol2:

Welcome again to Texas! I can recommend the "Around the Bend" rides. It has free camping if you like that.

If you can, please post a photo of the KLR inside the van.

The Menard ride looks good.... if I can pull it off.
The first order of business for me will be looking for a place to stay though. Last year I came with a buddy and we split motel bills. This year, as I'm coming solo, motels would break the bank...lol

SL350. here is a pic from last year when I came with a friend. 2 KLR's in the back of my 1998 Chev van

Attachments

• IMG_1118 (Copy).jpg
    IMG_1118 (Copy).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
hey mark I will be riding kerrville area march 1st-31, camping in Ingram. If still around we will hook up, eh?

Check out Bandera. They have a campground by the river within walking distance of the great music venues downtown. Not as busy as Kerrville, which I like as well.

The Menard ride looks good.... if I can pull it off.

The first order of business for me will be looking for a place to stay though. Last year I came with a buddy and we split motel bills. This year, as I'm coming solo, motels would break the bank...lol

Well I would offer our place but you want to be close to Fredericksburg and we live south of San Antonio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Mark,

You could also stray at the Kerrville-Schreiner City Park. its three miles from city center, clean, hot showers and $15.00 per night. It's literally on the door step of some of the best riding in Texas! http://kerrville.org/index.aspx?NID=318

I'm in Austin, let me know if you need anything. I used to love visiting Canada when I lived in Montana.

Safe Travels!

Hey Mark,

You could also stray at the Kerrville-Schreiner City Park. its three miles from city center, clean, hot showers and $15.00 per night. It's literally on the door step of some of the best riding in Texas! http://kerrville.org/index.aspx?NID=318

I'm in Austin, let me know if you need anything. I used to love visiting Canada when I lived in Montana.

Safe Travels!
Thank you EC. .. much appreciated !

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Back