• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Rider in ATX

Reaction score
Greetings!

I acquired my first bike, a Kawasaki Super Sherpa KL250, last November and spent a couple months with it out on a ranch in the Hill Country getting comfortable on dirt as well as pavement. I just brought it to Austin in January and have been riding and nerding out everyday on it, stoked as can be. I'm really excited to meet other riders in the area and learn more. My goal is to be able to intelligently take 2-3+ day camping trips and explore more of Texas.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/le...izzo/IMG_1450_zpsdm7scoqz.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

So yeah, to conclude: I'm new, I'm stoked, I'm diligent, and I want to make friends. :sun: Thanks ya'll! :pirate:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Welcome!
I've not had the chance to get much dirt experience but am looking to do more....
I'm also in Austin area....
Welcome!!

Welcome to both of you...I know a few dirt roads in Milam county...:sun:

I'm in Lee county! Work a messed up schedule but holler anyway!!

Thank you all! I've been in or around Austin off and on for 10 years but I'm only just now finding the dirt roads in the area. Elgin sure is lovely, especially this time of year.

Welcome. My buddies and I ride our 200's and 250's around the Hill Country - mostly dirt and minor roads. You're welcome to join anytime. We like the tiny bikes. :)

I'm fairly new myself to this forum - so looking forward to meeting others. There's actually TONS of fun stuff to do when you're on the small, quiet ones. Send me a PM if you want to organize a ride some weekend.

Okay, I will! Do I just post on that thread that I'm going to join?

Sorry Tex, i only just saw your reply. I hope you made it. To answer your question, yep, post up esp if organized meals are involved. Other times, it’s ok to just show up.

No special invitation needed.

As WoodButcher once said, “we are a fiercely independent bunch who like to get together sometimes.”

Oh, and take Gravel Guy up on his offer-an excellent opportunity right there.

Last edited:
Welcome to the TWT family. There are pie runs and ride to eat camp outs all over Texas you can join in on. Head over to Upcoming rides in the forum area to find one close to you that you might want to attend. We have a cheap camping thread also for gear selection if you are in need? KP

Back