• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newbie in San Antonio

Reaction score
First Name
Garon
Hi All,

I've been an off road rider for years, but just purchased my first dual sport bike. I have been lurking on this site for a while, and appreciate all the great information (and stories) this site provide! Looking forward to meeting people and sharing some dualsport adventures.

My new (to me) 2009 Yamaha XT250
6884825212_223dc0ae3c.jpg

And the rest of the garage that screams Honda (my wife and kids ride too).
286723208_d6b3992ada.jpg

And the rest of the garage that screams Honda (my wife and kids ride too).
286723208_d6b3992ada.jpg

Awesome! :clap:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

I am working on getting my garage to look similar to yours. Only have the one CRF50 right now and am hunting for another, or a Yamaha TT-50E. The two oldest (7 and 5) just recently started riding without the training wheels.

Thanks for the welcome!

tricepilot - holey moley, I just read a few of your ride reports. You are an excellent writer and not hesitant to wander away from the secure path (your most recent Mexico aventure). And by the way, my family and I were in Terlingua the same time you were there over Spring Break. We didn't eat at he Kosmic Kow but saw it on the way to the Terlingua Ghost Town. We saw a few 'ADV' stickers on bikes so I wonder if we crossed paths. We did, however, stop at a place called 'La Kiva' just down the road from the Kosmic Kow, which was quite unusual.

Tourmeister - Thanks for the welcome and good luck with the little ones. Our two are also 2 years apart, which makes them best friends and worst enemies. I wish the garage was always that clean, which is why I probably snapped a shot of the bikes.

Welcome to the site, BB. Lots of friendly folks here, and a large contingent from the San Antonio area. I grew up there - say hi to my old town for me.

Welcome. :welcome: Where do you off road ride. Zars? Hidden Falls? There are a few of us here that have come to the D/S side from off road. There is a Pie run in Medina in April, it's always a great ride. Hope to see you around. Sam

Thanks again for the welcome. I predominantly ride at Zars Ranch (Elmendorf, Texas) as a DBSA club member. I also periodically participate in the TORCS hare scramble series when time allows.

The Pie run to Medina sound great. I'll look for information on this site and ask permission from the boss (my wonderful wife). Here she is with her bike after a fun mud ride at Zars:

117921626_525de3cbbe.jpg

Thanks again for the welcome. I predominantly ride at Zars Ranch (Elmendorf, Texas) as a DBSA club member. I also periodically participate in the TORCS hare scramble series when time allows.

The Pie run to Medina sound great. I'll look for information on this site and ask permission from the boss (my wonderful wife). Here she is with her bike after a fun mud ride at Zars:

117921626_525de3cbbe.jpg

Why ask permission???? Bring her with you!!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Thought I would update with a picture of the new-to-me bike: 2011 KLR 650 :rider:

My wife obtained hr motorcycle license last week so we are super happy about dual sport rides together.

45784168132_b8207c09e4_z.jpg

That is awesome! :clap:

I really enjoyed riding with my wife. Once we started having kids that came to an end and she doesn't ride anymore, at least for now... ;-)

Baja, are you coming to pipe Creek this Saturday morning? You might find us boring compaired to the mx experience but it's an all day affair. Sort of an endurance and nice scenery event.

Pretty fun following along with the gpx route provided. Hope you can make it.

I will do my best to be there Sat morning but I can't commit just yet. I am currently out of town and should return to SA Friday night. Thank you for letting me know about the gathering.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Grimsweeper, what is DBSA? Looking to do some some Sunday dirt rides. Also looking for some riding partners for three days of Tejas 1300 ride in Mexico and Big Bend.

Back