• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Just moved to DFW

Reaction score
Greetings,

Just moved down to the Dallas area from NE Oklahoma. I grew up in Carrollton but haven't lived here in quite a few years.

I'd love to meet some of you nice folk and find some fun roads to attack with my SV650.

Here's my beaut:

3013292705_315f350251.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Evan

:welcome:

For good roads, head northwest for about 10 hours or northeast about 6 hours.

Otherwise, the closest best road I know of is FM1827 heading north just east of McKinney off of 380 on the edge of town. Just watch the short sight lines as the temptation to wick it up on the curves will be there. There's lots of driveways and roads entering on/near the curves.

I know lots like FM 455 up around Anna.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

There are quite a regular bike nights in the DFW area, also the Friday Night Ice Cream meets in NE Fort Worth. Lots of rides get planned at these events. Check the DFW section of the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum.

:welcome:!

Head to a meet-n-greet and meet some folks!
And/or post up a ride!
There's plenty of roads around, some are short, some are long.

Most of what I ride is South of DFW.

455 West of Anna is good...all the way over past I35. Near Anna is 69 from right around Tom Bean all the way up to Sherman.

Nice looking SV. I like the headlight housing, matches up well with the square frame.

Welcome to the madhouse, er I mean clubhouse.

Dale lives in Carrollton and joins us quite frequently (more than me) for our Tarrant Co. Tues meet ups and Ice Cream on Fridays. Come join the fun when you can.

Most of what I ride is south of the metromess but I have been up around Anna a couple times. I consider that southern Oklahoma!

I grew up in Carrollton but haven't lived here in quite a few years.

:welcome: Evan

Did you move back to Carrollton or settle in some other DFW location?

Has anyone mentioned the monthly Pie Run to you yet? :trust:

Moved to Garland.

Haven't read anything about a pie run...sounds interesting :eat:

Doing some maintenance on the bike today...70* weather is so awesome, lol.

there's one erally good road SW of fort worth in cresson. its called MSRR Cresson, you'd have a blast out there on the SV

welcome and great looking SV

Head down 377 towards Glen Rose, from there towards the hill country West of Austin, there's plenty of good riding.

MSR Cresson is a lot of fun too :rider:

Like everybody said, check out the DFW section and join us for a M&G

:welcome:

Check out the DFW board. We have weekly meets at the Twin Peaks in Lewisville every Thursday at 8:00pm. We've been off for a while on the colder days, but we'll be out there those days when the weather is decent.

Back