• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi,new guy from Canada

Canada

Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Busche
Hi everyone, Myself and 3 friends are trailering our bikes to Tx on Feb 8 to ride for about 3 wk. Our wives are flying in to Houston and we are staying in south Padra island for a week. So we will have a wk or so before they get here ,then we will ride for another wk after they leave. So I am looking for some help on were to ride. We are riding touring bikes, but like the twisties. Thanks

Welcome!
The hill country will be your best bet for twisties. Check out RR335, 336 & 337 west north/west of Austin. I would not suggest riding from Galveston at the pass to Freeport on a street bike due to Ike. The road is gone in a number of places and at one point you bail on the beach for a few miles. I did it on a dual sport 2 weeks ago and it was great, but a street bike with gravel and sand = 0 fun.
Have a safe fun time!

Jeeze - you could come up with something more original like Mad Trapper, Harold Ballard or Peter Puck....

Where 'bouts you coming down from?

Hi We are coming from Imperial Saskatchewan, down on hw83, south until we find warm temp. Then we will unload and ride until it gets hot, we hope. East of Amarllo tx.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Big Bend National Park and the surrounding area is great this time of year ;-) It is a full day's ride (500+ miles) from Padre Island. It is worth the ride though. You could easily spend two long days riding in the areas around Marathon, Alpine, Study Butte, Terlingua, Presidio, Marfa, Ft Davis, etc... The ride up to the Observatory outside Ft Davis is pretty awesome.

Don't know if you read the other Introduction post, but you guyz better bring Beer, Timmie's, and Swiss Chalet......*L*.....

Hope you have a great trip....*S*

Jeeze - you could come up with something more original like Mad Trapper, Harold Ballard or Peter Puck....

Where 'bouts you coming down from?

You just miffed you didn't come up with it :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome and hope you find some good thawing ooout. Yes the Timbits, Harvey s, Swiss and Jalapano chips and chicken chips. Oh yeah stop by the LC too.
oh ueah RCDD, tell Ricky "nice train wreck"
-Bubbles

Welcome and hope you find some good thawing ooout. Yes the Timbits, Harvey s, Swiss and Jalapano chips and chicken chips. Oh yeah stop by the LC too.
oh ueah RCDD, tell Ricky "nice train wreck"
-Bubbles

*L*......

You forgot the Ketchup chips as well.....:sun:

eeewww. Ketchup chips were almost as bad as the fruit flavoured chips that Hostess came up with.... grape for chips?

Mmmmm......Saturday night.....Bag of ketchup chips....a dozen Blue.....and the Tommy Hunter Show, follwed by Hockey Night in Canada...*LMAO*

Hi We are coming from Imperial Saskatchewan, down on hw83, south until we find warm temp. Then we will unload and ride until it gets hot, we hope. East of Amarllo tx.

I spent a few winter weeks working at the Boundry Dam power plant in Estevan.....you'll like south Texas

Look at google Earth at the area just west of Austin and San Antonio - that's the hill county. Lots of nice roads in a fairly motorcycle friendly area

If you have time drop into San Antonio visit the Alamo and take the water taxi tour of the River Walk

Drop by Terlingua in big Bend country for the TWT ride the Rio Feb 19-22

Wherever you go it'll be nice and warm (comparitivly)

Back