• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Don't you have a road bike?

It's a road, dirt, adventure, apocalypse...do it all bike except no Starbuck's. Since you're meeting at Dunkin' Donuts I'm ok.

Come on out!!!!

I think I will. Have lots of bike work to do and planned on not riding tomorrow but heck 3 hours is almost not riding for me anyway. Plus still have another 2 hours of work tonight so I need a break.

_

I would ride with but I got some friends coming down in the morning from Dallas and we are going to the Astros/Rangers game.

I missed the ride last weekend. I went to Austin. I'll be ready to do some backroads aroud here soon.

I thought about it. Game starts at 1 and they got a catered suite, so we are going down before the game to eat and talk story. If I leave at noon I would barley make the game start.

Good ride today. BlueFlash lead, with Big Bird, SilverBullet, and nchristie in tow.

One tank of gas, relaxed pace, no drama.

Thanks!

Neil

Great ride today with a great group of guys.

I got back and set a few more waypoints in my route to make sure it didn't jack with me on a few of the turns...

223 was a pretty good road out of Shepherd... I think that one is a keeper... the road from Cold Spring to Shepherd.... may be a keeper as well. Both new roads to me.

I also incorporated 686 into the front side of the route... no more slabbing up 59, and 686 / 321 can make that a bit less boring (thanks for the tip, SilverBullet!).

unfortunately, it got a little wet at the end... but no downpours.

had a a great time!

No drama is good...

As for one tank of gas... I got home fine... but my changes to the route added 10 miles... hmmm.... I think I can still do that on one tank...

I also incorporated 686 into the front side of the route... no more slabbing up 59, and 686 / 321 can make that a bit less boring (thanks for the tip, SilverBullet!)...

And to take that route all the way to the Lake try this:
from 686
right 622
cross 1960
becomes 612
right 602
becomes Old Atascocita Rd.
right to continue Old Atascocita
cross 2100
right Fairlake
left 1960

This is the all pavement route, I have a gravel route from that point also.

_

I saw a sign on our route for "18 hole golf course for sale". Anybody remember what road or city that was? I've been Googling but can't find it. Thought it was near Coldsprings.

_

Got the updates in the route... it's 170 miles now, vs 155... going to have to give it a shot next weekend!

Golf course for sale... hmmmm... I don't remember that sign.

Last Minute ride... Sunday 10/4 from Atascocita

I've got about 15 minutes worth of tasks to do, then I'm gearing up ... plan on heading to the Texas Mart at Aerobic and W Lake Houston Pkwy for fuel... then, I'm headed out for a ride...

anybody else itching for a ride??????????? Similar to last weekend's ride, about 15 or 20 minutes added...

Sorry about the late notice... was playing Grandpa this morning... didn't know if I could get out. The wife is shopping now...

Headed for the garage now... should be pulling out of Texas Mart at about 1:30...

wish i seen this sooner. left atascocita at 1230. i'm in new waverly now after a pass thru montgomery, plantersville, anderson and richards. headed to cleveland then home. would have been great to have company. hit me up with a text msg next time. sunday afternoons are good for me pretty often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... guess I need to go to the texts next time. Not sure i would have caught you before you left. But I'll do that next time. I didn't know i was riding until just before I posted. .

Ok... guess I need to go to the texts next time. Not sure i would have caught you before you left. But I'll do that next time. I didn't know i was riding until just before I posted. .

I think I passed you on 945. I was leading a Sportster and ZX14.

Riders from Atascocita / Humble area going to Meet n Eat?

Still no takers on the October Meet n Eat on Sunday?

I could be talked into leaving a bit earlier from Atascocita... maybe 0730? Lunch at noon, about 3.5 hour ride up there... no freeway slabbing...

Check out the thread... let me know if you want to ride up together. I'm headed that way, whether solo or not.

re: Weekend of 10-11 October. I'm a no-go. Wife is out of town and I need to make progress prepping the house for sale.

Anyone want to buy a house in Summerwood?

steve, neil,
would you be down for a ride sunday pm ? (cant ride sunday morn)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back