• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: February Meet n Greet n eat with A Side Of Ride - 2/8/2015

As of right now, I am scheduled off. it looks like Jamie and I will be attending on our new Versys. We will get to test out the new bags.

IMG_1391-L.jpg

IMG_1396-L.jpg

You will be a rolling bill board for Kawasaki. Might get a few tempted to jump brands as good as that looks in a photo. Plus orange is a great color on a bike to me.

As of right now, I am scheduled off. it looks like Jamie and I will be attending on our new Versys. We will get to test out the new bags.

I don't know what I was thinking but I saw the pic this a.m. very very early and thought "dang, I must be dreaming, they finally made the vstrom look good". Now that I am awake, I can see the it is a new Versys and sure rocks!

after a couple of years of relatively short riding on a naked sportbike, I finally realized how much I need to get out of town for longer stretches on the weekend, and I picked up a Tiger 800 today.

kickstand_prophet, I hadn't logged on for ages, so I regret I'd missed a couple of invites from you, but now I'm excited to tag along, if you can let me know where you all normally meet up, I'll put it in my calendar!

I'm near Camp Mabry in Austin.

after a couple of years of relatively short riding on a naked sportbike, I finally realized how much I need to get out of town for longer stretches on the weekend, and I picked up a Tiger 800 today.

I did the same last month, after selling them for a year. The Tiger 800 is arguably Triumphs best offering at this time, and a blast to ride. Quite capable of touring a bit.
tigerfrontright.jpg
[/URL]

OK, who wants to ride from Austin? Say 09:00 from Starbucks at Parmer and 1431?

My wife and I will depart from Hutto early Sat a.m. Arriving by roughly 9:30, to set up camp at Mother Neff park, we will then try to convince some early arrivals to get a decent day ride in on Sat.

If folks want to ride up together to the campground on Sat., that would be great. We will try to lasso the legendary tye dyed tour guide to come ride with us on Sat.

Ed

Just seeing that is making me hungry and I just ate something.... I'll have to wait on weather and schedule to see if I am up to it.

Bob... See Boulder Ed's post concerning camping at Mother Neff. He said they would bee there Saturday morning. More than plenty o good goat paths all round Neff too. Lotsa riding opportunities!!
(& a couple of back ways into McGregor to the Coffee Shop)

Bob... See Boulder Ed's post concerning camping at Mother Neff. He said they would bee there Saturday morning. More than plenty o good goat paths all round Neff too. Lotsa riding opportunities!!
(& a couple of back ways into McGregor to the Coffee Shop)

We are in an RV and the RV faculties at Mother Neff are limited (no sewer) and since we will be staying a week, I doubt that Mother Neff will work for us.

If others want to camp at Mother Neff instead, that's fine and we can all meet in McGregor for some good eats.

EDIT: also note that the tent sites do not have electricity in case some want to run a heater if it is cold.

Last edited:

We're in, but how about 29 and Parmer if its just us? 1431 is backtracking since we're now in Liberty Hill. Weather looks great!

The temperatures should be in the 70s both Saturday and Sunday with sunny conditions.

:clap:

I will probably be towing Kurt and his newly renovated antique BMW motorcycle to the Meet n Greet on Sunday. Don't laugh, I still like my vectrola....

ducking.gif

RB

sunshine_and_blue_sky_large.jpg

Anyone else camping on Saturday at Mother Neff? Weather is looking perfect.

kickstand_prophet, I hadn't logged on for ages, so I regret I'd missed a couple of invites from you, but now I'm excited to tag along, if you can let me know where you all normally meet up, I'll put it in my calendar!

I'm near Camp Mabry in Austin.

Meet an greets are at different locations every month to get members from all over involved in camping and lunch gatherings. Try to move them around so everyone has a to come to a few.

We're in, but how about 29 and Parmer if its just us? 1431 is backtracking since we're now in Liberty Hill. Weather looks great!

Sounds good to me. If anyone else joins me, we'll pick you up.

I'd say I'm at 50 % confidence right now. If I go, I'd be honored to follow you out there.

Weather looks great for this weekend. High 70s almost in the 80s. Great time to dust the cobwebs off the bike and join in. :sun:

Back