• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is everyone?

Went for a short ride this morning, about 120 miles or so.
No bikes in Granbury.

No bikes in Bluff Dale
No bikes at Loco Coyote
No Bikes in Stephenville.
No bikes at the Toad

Such a beautiful day. 17 when I left, 22 when I got back.
Nothing beats a sunny Sunday morning ride :rider:

No wonder we didn't see each other. I was coming back from Lubbock. It was 4 degrees when i left. Got to Dublin at about 4pm

Rode the RX3 to breakfast yesterday morning. 18*F, no heated gear, no windshield. Walked 2 miles to get to the bike before the ride, too. Love those Hippo Hands--can't wait to get the heaters under the grips.

Rode the RX3 to breakfast yesterday morning. 18*F, no heated gear, no windshield. Walked 2 miles to get to the bike before the ride, too. Love those Hippo Hands--can't wait to get the heaters under the grips.

Where did you get your hippo hands?
Neither of my present bikes has proper hand protection for below 50 degree temps, even though the Strom has grip heaters.
Really cold weather is the one time I actually miss our K1200LT.

On January 7th I broke my personal low temperature riding record at 22 degrees. I know, it isn't as low as some of you have done, but it is my personal record. I do have heated gloves and love them. Only had to go up to medium heat (three settings), so still have room for lower temps.

I have no idea what my personal low temp while riding was, but I do remember there was a lot of white stuff on the ground, and the road leaving the light was actually frozen. The rear just spun with zero forward momentum for a few. Then I got going, and made it to work, more or less on time. It was an interesting day I'd rather not repeat.

My personal best ( most idiotic? ) was -5f.
Back in the 70's, newlywed, 1 car and two incomes in opposite directions.
Did it on a Yamaha DT400E.
Glad it was under 3 miles.

Back