• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I need your opinion on this

As to the above...

1) Waivers are not worth the paper they're signed on if you don't have the legal clout to back it up. Hint; Insurance companies have floors full of lawyers on the payroll.

2) Patents and Copyright, as above. When Target sells a Chinese made version that's painted blue not red, who you gonna call?

They call me "Philip the Dream Killer."

Who's the hippie looking dude lurking around your kid???

With that kind of attention from the wimmins, I want one for ME!!!!!!

So if a fellow had a few of these,,,,,
image_zpsmveqc3cr.jpg

I think it's a great idea and could turn into a huge cottage business for you guys, Carl. But you are right; the moment you sell one, you might be subject to major rules. Specifically, you'll likely have to conform the Federal Standard Consumer Safety Performance Specifications for Carriages and Strollers:

http://www.astm.org/Standards/F833.htm

In short, going into business might make your product subject to things like mandatory safety testing, insurance and bonding, etc. You'd need a big chunk of liquid asset to get started as a result, and you might be subject to certain manufacturing methods and systems.

It's a really good idea, so I'd consult an appropriate attorney for this type of manufacturing and see what rules you would and would not be bound to follow. It could also depend on things like number of annual units produced, etc.

Good luck and keep us posted. :chug:

Just say that even though it looks like a stroller it is sold strictly for novelty purposes and not for use as an actual stroller. Any use contrary to this stated functionality is at your own risk.
I'd look up the wording on some other "novelty-not-really-what-it-looks-like" wink-wink.

If you can guarantee that having on of your widgets would gather that many blonds in one spot just for little ole me, I would sell the farm to buy one.

Ever think of marketing it as a "Pet Stroller"? That should limit the lawsuits.

Ever think of marketing it as a "Pet Stroller"? That should limit the lawsuits.

nah, the wacko "pet parents" are worse than human parents.
signed Tracker the Dream Killer

*snip*
Liability:
This is modern America where anyone can sue anybody for anything anywhere anytime just because. So I think sales could only be done with a huge disclaimer of liability having to be signed by every buyer.
Would you sign a waiver that in fact said
" Manufacturer is in no way responsible for any injuries as a result of anyone using or misusing this product"?
*snip*

The waiver will not save you from the lie-yers who make a living getting in manufacturers' pockets.

To wit: In 1992 (near Christmas) I sold a Honda 4-wheeler to a guy who lived in Centerville, LA. LADL, Address, Job, all that. He signed a form stating that he had been informed that ATVs over 90cc were ONLY for riders over age 16, and he stated that it was for him, not for his son, who was with him. In 1998, he sued Honda, the dealership, and me (licensed salesman) for wrongful death of his son who had flipped it over backward and it rolled over him and broke his neck . . . . . . . IN ALABAMA, TWO YEARS (MINUS A WEEK) BEFORE, and he swore, in his suit, that he had been a resident of Alabama the whole time and that we sold it to him IN ALABAMA. Luzianna's Statute of Limitations on Wrongful Death is ONE year and they missed that so they sued in Alabama where the SoL is 2 years. So suing required fabricaton of a whole pack of lies and I'm sure Whatserface told them something like, "Well, I could never advise anyone to lie in a lawsuit but if you had lived in Alabama during the entire pendency (I think that's the right word, ain't gonna dig the file out) of the suit, then you'd be able to sue in Alabama."

Slimeballs!

There are lie-yers out there who specialize in filing suits based on nothing but imagination and when they do, they sue everyone even remotely related to the incident. It cost my uncle and me abt $2500 for a lawyer to get the suit moved to Federal Court and thrown out, and I had to drive to Alabama to hire him and brief him and deliver all the paperwork related to the sale, clearly showing that the whole suit was based on lies, easily disproved.

BUT HONDA THREW MONEY AT THEM TO GET THEM TO GO AWAY!

HIS SON WAS 13 AT THE TIME OF HIS DEATH, ABT 4 YRS AFTER THE PURCHASE, so he was, like, 9 when Dear Ol' Dad (A. Trudon Price, if you want to know. The "A" must stand for Alice for him to use that handle!) bought him a 200cc 4-wheeler for Christmas.

IOW, IMO, don't even think of going into manufacturing ANYTHING!

Last edited:
Back