• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

I have one I could mount if I wanted to, I don't really see anything for it to protect. I also haven't even ridden in rain either, are they worth the effort to mount?

Thought the last group of twisties felt a bit funny. When I got back and checked tire pressure it was down to 25psi.

b4e5fa5bb072b836fbb6f54833128739.jpg

7273c144313789d03cb177ecfed24a20.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm riding this week....finally....my 07 dodge 5.9 cummins engine is trying to die...Only shop I see on CL is in Texas....go figure.

Cagers have been like..."It's going to rain"...and I'm like..."Okay".

So I brought a rope all week. I don't want to float away.

Do not buy knock off rotors on ebay. I wasted time and money. I just replaced with Ebc prolite contour and HH pads.

Question: IF I rebuild the left front caliper do I need to bleed and replace the whole systems fluid or just from the right side to the left side? Thanks

Maintenance on the Bandit last week and finished yesterday. New sparkplugs, New air filter, Throttlebody's not enough out of sync to mess with them. 84,480 on the clock but really need to add 7% to that for actual due to speedohealer being set at -7% for correct speed. But slows down the ometer the same amount.
A little patch work on two broken fairing tabs and that's all good again.
My two rides in shape again. '00 KLR and '07 Bandit. The other two also good to go; 03 Chevy truck and 03 Corvette coupe. Love my life.

Cut a piece of plastic sheet where folded over in half was near the size of the broken tab. Mixed us some JB Weld and applied to inside of folded plastic piece. Put over what was left of the broken tab and secured with small needlenose vise grips. About 3 days later ( waiting on sparkplugs and ambition to get out in the heat ) Installed outer fairing with other mounting points and drilled a hole though the existing fairing hole and though the new tab supporting it with fingers from the back side. Just threaded new bolt though the repaired tab with a nut on back.
Test ride of about 20 or so miles and still together.
If I would of thought of it at the time I would of taken pictures but old 74 yr old mind gets fuzzy. ;-)

hey Andrus, yup pics would've helped my mechanically challenged brain but I think I get the idea, just wondering where you did this? On the 07 I had two partially broken tabs with just enough to hold the doohickey the nut goes thru.

Pic kinda fuzzy but right where the light line goes across the fairing in the corner.

PICT0119-1.jpg

84,480 on the clock but really need to add 7% to that for actual due to speedohealer being set at -7% for correct speed. But slows down the ometer the same amount.

Please explain what you mean by this ?? If the speedometer is off by 7% are you saying that the odometer is not off by 7% ??

Please explain what you mean by this ?? If the speedometer is off by 7% are you saying that the odometer is not off by 7% ??

Exactly. Speedo is deliberately set to high from factory while odo is accurate. If you are using speedohealer then you can have either accurate speedo or odo, not both.

What Tonis T said. ;-) Thanks Tonis. Now my KLR with it's mechanical/ magnetic speedometer is a total different method getting the speedo right and does not effect the ometer.

I like runing about town in my truck, cruising the countyside in my corvette, roaming the back roads with my KLR, But, Nothing makes me smile more than an afternoon roaming the roads on my 07 Bandit and knocking out 100 mile rides just ride ride riding

Leaving Friday for a two week ride. New tires, chain/sprockets, all fluids, plugs and air filter. The brake pads will be good till next year. 65,000 miles and going strong.

I went back to the stock gearing, had a 44 and 45 tooth on the rear previously. The MPG does take a hit with the lower gearing especially on roads like Hwy 50 in Nevada.

2017_0904_06472600-XL.jpg

2017_0904_06475400-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoy! Your windshield set up reminds of the one I had built when I was able to do the miles.

I picked up my 2011 gsx1250fa a month ago. So far it has the dale walker stage 2 with header and all emissions removed (off road use only). The bike is great but the front is so soft specially when I get on the front brake. I’m about 290-300lb. I am looking at the 1.2kg/mm springs with gold valves set at c35. Can I get you guys opinion on those setup?
I see the springs and valves for 07-09 bandit 1250 but not the GSX. Same fork right??

That is supposed to be the perfect setup, and yes the forks are the same on those models.

Good deal! Rear shock isn’t perfect but it’ll suffice for now. I wish Suzuki would have spent a little more money on the suspension.

I have the Cogemt shock, and it's really good. My forks will get the Racetech treatment this winter.

If I had to do the front forks over again, I would try cleaning, replacing any worn bushings, 5 wt oil and setting sag for my weight. Before spending the money for the race tech conversion.

I don't disagree, problem is that unless you are 140lbs there isn't enough springrate to get the sag set correctly. The Bandit at minimum needs springs, consensus is that springs with 5wt oil is a pretty good setup.

Back