• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FM 2693 Northeast of Houston

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
What:

FM 2693 is a short but great section of road. It doesn't really go anywhere so there is no traffic other than the few locals. The pavement quality is pretty good in most places. It is relatively smooth and offers good grip. There are a few places where the crack sealer might get slick in the summer heat. The road heads Northeast off of Hwy 150. This is the best section. The curves are fast banked back to back sweepers. It runs about 6-7 miles, crosses a little bridge and then a mile or so after than it turns and heads back to the South where it comes out on Hwy 150 again. This Southbound section is not too good. It is mostly straight with rough pavement. It's more fun to turn around at the bridge and run back to Hwy 150.

Where:
Go North out of Houston on I-45 until you reach the exit for New Waverly, also the exit for FM 1375. Head East about a mile into town and you come to a stop sign at US 75. Go left (North) about a block to the stoplight and turn right onto Hwy 150. You'll see signs for Coldsping. There is a Diamond Shamrock at the intersection if you need gas. However, if you do need to stop, I would recommend going one block further North to the Shell gas station on the left. They have nice clean restrooms and in general the whole store is nicer. Anyway, head East out of town on Hwy 150 about 4 miles and look for the start of FM 2693 on the left.

Designation:
As far as I know, there is no local name for the road. It is just FM 2693.

Adios,

i think its 2693.. i went out there today to check it out, you made it sound better than it really was.. the corners weren't really anything until you hit 80mph, then they get fun :lol:

anywho, here are a few pics ;-) one is of the bridge area, and one is of this sexy thing that was just sitting on the side of the road ?!?! :angel:

S2010144.jpg

S2010145.jpg

I believe when Scott describes a corner as a sweeper, he means a triple digit speed corner. Of course, YMMV.

:tab Hehe... c'mon now! I never run triple digit speeds through corners. I do like to run that road at a nice brisk pace though ;-) But you have to keep your eyes peeled for horses, dogs, and little old men plodding along in rusty old pickemups.

Adios,

Back