• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Roll the Bones 2018 Ride Reports

I had a great time at the Rally and made some new friends. I vote for the last weekend in October. As a suggestion on the ride HQ...The Hideout golf course has facilities for large groups and is on Lake Brownwood. There is also additional RV/Tent sites at FlatRock that is about a mile away from the Hideout.

I took just 2 pictures on the ride Saturday. Unfortunately they are just different views of the same tire repair.

44997124_2105553769496491_5654430006890201088_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

45008497_2105553782829823_1513950391014785024_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

Unlike Rich (JoToPe) I bring my own personal tire repair team.

They must have known I was coming. A gift certificate fora new tube, a tube repair kit and a tubeless repair kit. I'm ready to go again

44990464_2105553762829825_6399862872926584832_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.jpg

Had a great time seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

I'm good for any location and date. If I'm able, I'll be there.

Hmm, the Queen trio with a flat tire? Very unusual [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mt Barnwell Rec Area in East Texas has great single track and Jeep trails.
Cabins, RV hook ups and camping. Hotel 5 minutes away.
Big Pavillion, Food Truck idea would work. Surrounding area great for
street riding. Just Saying.

That was me. Standard parking job for me. Anyone who knows him will recognize my brother getting off the bike wearing his skirt.

Seriously, enjoyed meeting everyone.

As for next year, earlier October works better for me. We have several birthdays late in October. Plus, young kids at home that still want to T or T.

John

I want to take a poll what weekend in October is best. We typically use the last weekend in October and I have had complaints with families that like to do Halloween stuff. Last year was second weekend and that hurt folks who are divorced and had visitation issues....So give me some feedback!!!

Late October works better for me. I liked it better when you (and other inmates) were cooking. The riding in and around Graham was great, but having it a little further south makes it easier for those in the southern part of the state to enjoy. Maybe do something in the Brady area as they claim to be the geographic heart of Texas. Maybe some place WITHOUT a lot of deer. :giveup:

As the late Ricky Nelson said:

ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself

True!

Oakdale PArk has RV camping, tent camping and lots of Cabins. Lots of places to eat. Loco Coyote is close by,but you know that. Also very good Mexican places. Great roads. Glen Rose would be my suggestion. Hope to make it this year.....

Back