• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Funny (luckily) incident

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
There was 3 of us trailriding at a good pace at Cycleland Saturday. I was chasing my friend right on his tail when he swung wide a hair and blew a berm. I thought I could slide by on inside when he stalled and fell in front of me. I hit his head and bike then proceeded to fall on top of him and his bike. Our buddy was in front and gone and I'm pinned on top of him and his bike. When I try getting up just crush him more, lol. So finally he was able to slip out from under his bike and then I got up. Since no one hurt it was hilarious, could have been bad for him.

Sometimes it seems like the flip of a coin... Heads it turns out funny... Tails... :wary:

Basically you're 100 per cent right. Proper gear and little luck.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Go pro footage?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I wish

Glad yall are alright

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

First drop on it.

All these bulky jackets with pads and pants that you have to unbutton and dig to take a leak or find your wallet is sure a big inconvenience. Then suddenly your glad you had it and your skin thanks you.

Glad it ended up being a funny story. It would be pretty scary hitting a buddy in the head until you knew that they didn't get hurt.

As it is, you just got a great story out of it... :)

Glad it ended up being a funny story. It would be pretty scary hitting a buddy in the head until you knew that they didn't get hurt.

As it is, you just got a great story out of it... :)

Yep, sometimes we get too carried away I guess. I will back off a little now. I like trying to stay close as in a race for practice, although we rarely actually pass each other. Check egos at the truck! Great riding day although I felt it the next day. On the bike out in the woods for 5 hours total, riding time around 3 hours.

You ever been to Cycleland?

Private park in Nacogdoches. Awesome with 60 miles of marked one way trails. Come visit some time. Sorry no website.

Private park in Nacogdoches. Awesome with 60 miles of marked one way trails. Come visit some time. Sorry no website.

What are you doing on black Friday or the Saturday after?

How about Saturday, Friday shows rain.

How about Saturday, Friday shows rain.

Hmmm....looks to be about 3 hours away so quite the round trip. What time were you thinking of meeting? Also.... 60 miles of trail....my WR has a standard tank...not sure what it's range is. Does the trail come back to the parking lot enough that it won't matter?

Yes the trail does, slim change I ride all 60 miles in one day, haven't in years. Pretty tough sledding up there. Generally 40 is top. Long trip, your call on that. Suppose to be a couple others. Time not set. Generally 9 to 10.

Yes the trail does, slim change I ride all 60 miles in one day, haven't in years. Pretty tough sledding up there. Generally 40 is top. Long trip, your call on that. Suppose to be a couple others. Time not set. Generally 9 to 10.

I'll plan on it. We'll see how it goes. 9-10 is doable. Leave my house at 6.

Three hours was my standard drive time, worth every minute. Occasionally my view changed on the drive home on a cold, dark winter day. Never did understand why there aren't more private riding leases like this around the state.

Three hours was my standard drive time, worth every minute. Occasionally my view changed on the drive home on a cold, dark winter day. Never did understand why there aren't more private riding leases like this around the state.
Yeah....I've driven further for less...

I can handle 6 hours in the car for a good day of riding.

Back