• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden Falls rides

CTOR > Hidden Falls. [emoji16]

But Hidden falls is a great change of pace once in a while

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rode HF for the first time this weekend. Sunday in August the place was almost deserted despite mild-ish temps (was about 82 in the morning, 90 when we left mid afternoon).

I really enjoyed it, fun mix of trails. Fast and open, tight and tough, sandy, rocky. Singletrack stuff was nice that it's well marked and directional, and no worries about coming around a corner and some gigantic SxS blocking the trail. We did most of the South Loop singletrack, and a fair bit of the North Loop. The North one is definitely a little tougher. The ATV and jeep trails are a nice diversion if you want to take it easy for a bit, even the higher difficulty rated trails shouldn't be overly challenging for a moderately experienced rider.

Staff was friendly and helpful to us newbies. The harder rated ATV trails and the singletrack was decently challenging, but no crazy hurt-yourself stuff. The few truly difficult sections all had bailouts or bypasses, and generally a warning sign beforehand.

I can see the place getting pricey quick if you want to bring friends or make a weekend out of it though. They have a lot of nice accommodations, but their prices for camping, cabins, and rentals certainly reflect that.

Think I'll be back this sunday 8/20, fairly early, probably by 8 or so. Have a couple buddies on bikes and another bringing their jeep. I'll have a white focus towing a 500EXC and my Xtrainer.

TrailBoss and I are planning to be at HF Sunday morning. If anybody watching can come out and help pickup bikes and riders post up.

TrailBoss and I are planning to be at HF Sunday morning. If anybody watching can come out and help pickup bikes and riders post up.

I'm going camping with the family this weekend. Would love to join you guys soon.

I'm planning to ride sunday, but not sure if the tribe is thinking ctor or HF. I'll let ya know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sorry I missed this, I could use so time on the KTM. I will try to be a little more pro-active in this thread..

Sam

Sorry I missed this, I could use so time on the KTM. I will try to be a little more pro-active in this thread..

Sam

Sam lives !! You can come to EL and join me too. Bring the trials bike also. Make a day of it.

Sam lives !! You can come to EL and join me too. Bring the trials bike also. Make a day of it.

He lives, I got him out to Powell a couple of months ago. Sam, Carl and I are thinking about Powell this coming Saturday this should give you enough time to find the KTM in the back of the garage:lol2:

Powell...Saturday... :ponder: did I know about this????

Sounds like fun, I will start taking the aspirin now.

Sam

He lives, I got him out to Powell a couple of months ago. Sam, Carl and I are thinking about Powell this coming Saturday this should give you enough time to find the KTM in the back of the garage:lol2:

Powell...Saturday... :ponder: did I know about this????

Sounds like fun, I will start taking the aspirin now.

Sam

Great, y'all can head up to CTOR Sunday morning and make it a full weekend.

Should have posted up earlier - but I’m riding in HF this weekend. I’m staying in town and will be headed there in about an hour or so and plan on doing the same tomorrow. In a blue F150 riding a KTM 500 EXC.

Getting some elevation and rock training for prep to an Ouray ride in Sept. Not much of either around Houston.

If anyone wants to hook up you can ping me at 7 one 3. 8 one 9 - seven 4 seven 4.

Planning on a long Hidden Falls weekend, Nov 9-11. Will be camping as it will be November.

Shouldn't be hard to recognize me out there. I'll be doing my best to tick off all the boxes on your idiot list. I'll even try to add to it, because that's just how excited I am to have my favorite (and only) 300 finally running and being on it again after way too many months hiatus.

Last edited:
Didn't do HF. Did Emma Long instead. Too cold for camping.

Been a long time. Months. Had to knock off a lot of rust from my head. Gotta ride more often!

Didn't do HF. Did Emma Long instead. Too cold for camping.

Been a long time. Months. Had to knock off a lot of rust from my head. Gotta ride more often!
Last time was too hot to camp, now it's too cold? What's your month Goldilocks? LOL

Post up next time, I'm overdue for a TX ride. Seems all my riding is out of state anymore.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last time was too hot to camp, now it's too cold? What's your month Goldilocks?

I plan to head up to HF again in 2 weeks, Dec 8-9...may get there Friday if I'm lucky and the weather is just right LOL

You're gonna have to come with it this time. My 300 has some fast stickers on it now.

I plan to head up to HF again in 2 weeks, Dec 8-9...may get there Friday if I'm lucky and the weather is just right LOL

You're gonna have to come with it this time. My 300 has some fast stickers on it now.
Had a tentative adv bike ride planned that weekend but might be willing to change. JMZ needs to get some shine scuffed off that new 500 anyway. I better get busy though, both my smokers need some maintenance and wear items replaced after 5 days of riding in OK/AR.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

It's already broke in. It fell off my lift table and landed upside down
568a9699665fe997a0d253d47c8639d0.jpg

Back