• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

TyeDyed Texas Stickers

Re: TYE DYED TEXAS TOURGUIDE > BUTLER MAPS & Tye Dyed Texas Stickers

Just saw this. I could've waited for my three also bit looks like it's settled
If I need to wait. No problem

Just yesterday I got a note from Nathan...that my sticker order had been shipped. Meaning everybody's gonna be happy in a few days.....
..preciate ya'lls patience

Today I picked up an extra 5 Ozark & 10 Texas Hill Country Butler maps from Scott in Waco. I wanna make sure I have maps if folks at the rally want em....

THANX SCOTT!!

Today I picked up an extra 5 Ozark & 10 Texas Hill Country Butler maps from Scott in Waco. I wanna make sure I have maps if folks at the rally want em....

THANX SCOTT!!

Rod,

Are the Hill Country maps the new 3rd Edition ones ?

And if so are any available to buy other than at the Rally ?

Taking my first moto camping trip with the wife on the 26th & 27th to Garner State Park with a side trip to Lost Maples State Park and those Three Sisters are right there in the neighborhood.

Although I was hoping to have the 3rd Ed THC maps.... (& both the NM & AZ releases) before Roll The Bones.... time has run short & Butler is a bit behind on their schedule of releases.

I ordered the rest of the catalog including the NEW ALASKA map. Those are in now. I also picked up extra 2nd Ed THCs...& Ozarks. There are only a few changes we submitted for the THC 3rd Ed. Mostly slight corrections to what was already listed. 1 road chg from partial gravel to all paved... extra highlights where there weren't previously... a note about a gate or two... etc.

I don't think anything around the Sisters was changed. Mostly around Fredericksburg... Llano... Dripping Springs. ...generally above I10 ...in the highest concentration of small paved county roads.

I've got plenty if you want one for your trip.

Rod,

I'll take one of the THC maps, where / how do I need to pay ?

Phil

&...WE'RE OFF.... (The GENERAL PAGE)
Hope ya'll can still find this thread....No one ever seems to look here much. Might be the last post??? But I'll keep track of the results & let ya'll kno. THANX FOR PLAYIN.......

SilverBullet >> $10,999 $$$$
duchess >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$11,99 9 $$$
danimal>>>>> $11,199 $$$$$ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$12,399 $$$$
trainman>>>> $11,299 $$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$12,999 $$$$$$$$$$
YoDoc>>>>>>$11,499 $$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $12,749 $$$$$$$
Pedro>>>>>> $11,399 $$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $12,899 $$$$$$$$$
MidlifeCrisis>> $11,599 $$$$$$$$$
dasminkar>>> $11,799 $$$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$12,849 $$$$$$$$
Dragwn>>>>> $10,275 $>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $11,500 $$
Andrew T >>> $10,499 $$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $11,499 $
Gravel Guy >> $10,699 $$$
longhorn2000>$11,699 $$$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$12,699 $$$$$$
Tx northstar> $12,299 $$$$$$$$$$$$
MIKEYLIKESIT $11,620 $$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $12,510 $$$$$

SO.... here's where we stand on NewStrom guessin as of now...

Looks like Dragwn has the low for multiple model guesses (but both prices need ta match Suzy's actual list!)
...trainman is bringin up the high end of the scale with dasminkar & pedro right behind.

Of the folks hedgin their bets with a single model guess...
Gravel Guy is the on the bottom.... Tx northstar over the top for the standard Strom

Interestingly... no single guesses on just an Adventure model yet....

10-19 UPDATE:

I got my batch of stickeys in yesterday.... Ready to rally

Hey ya'll!!!
JUSTIN @ BUTLER MAPS just stepped up with even better map pricing for ROLL THE BONES folks.... I adjusted the pk prices to reflect this.
(I've got special Tye Dye sticker pricing too)
Look me up while there. (If I run out of a particular map...I can send ya that one via mail later)

Any Map..............$14
Mr2mchTyeDyepk.$25 (add 2 Tye Dye stickers to any map purchase for $5)
3pkjustbecause....$35
RolltheBones4pk...$45

Ask me for other package deals[/QUOTE]

THE GUESSIN CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.... SUZUKI HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THERE WILL ALSO BE AN ADVENTURE MODEL IN ADDITION TO A STANDARD DL1000.
No pricing as of yet.....SO.... STAY TUNED..............................We'll have our answer soon.

duchess >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$11,999 $$$
MIKEYLIKESIT $11,620 $$$$$$$$$$>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> $12,510 $$$$$[/quote]

Looks like Dragwn has the low for multiple model guesses (but both prices need ta match Suzy's actual list!)
...trainman is bringin up the high end of the scale with dasminkar & pedro right behind.

Gravel Guy is the on the bottom.... Tx northstar over the top for the standard Strom

Interestingly... no single guesses on just an Adventure model yet....

ROLL THE BONES RALLY OCT 25th - 27th

Hey folks,
Roll The Bones was a big time this last weekend with 120 sumthin riders signed in. I put about 725 miles on the bike Fri-Sun & got back home around 5pm yesterday. Lots of dual sport riding with minimal mishaps. KTM was well represented by a bunch of 950/990 Adventures along with other models (even a 640 Rallye) At least 3 TransAlps...2 with Africa Twin lookin headlight conversions. 2 BMW HP2s a couple of Ural hacks.. an 1150GS hack & Cleatus' Guzzi home biult hack...maybe others too.

+ all the usual DS & ADV bikes...Sup Tens...Tigers ..KLRs...Versys.. Stroms. Also a smatterin of street bikes like Wings...a 1600GT & some sport bikes which obviously did the strictly paved routes. ...Of which I was a part of...kinda. (I had my own route which traversed to the east for TWT PIE @ Fairfield & Freestone County fun.)

We're lucky ta have such a wide variety of riding right in our back yards. Maybe not the topography of ..say Colorado.... but L O T S more roads to chooze from.

I still have a limited supply of Texas Hill Country 2nd Ed maps to offer up at a special price if you buy any other Butler map from me.....

ANY BUTLER MAP FROM MY STOCK $15..... ADD THE THC 2nd Ed MAP FOR $10
I HAVE A TOTAL OF 9 THC MAPS TO OFFER
shipping extra
ALSO.... You can add an OZARK map to that offer for an extra $10 ...so that's 3 MAPS TOTAL FOR $35!! I ONLY HAVE 4 OF THE OZ MAPS AVAILABLE THOUGH SO ACT FAST!!

2 for $5 Tye Dyed Texas sticker deals apply too!!

Basically same as the Roll The Bones 4 Rally pricing, but limiting to any ONE map + a THC or THC/OZ map. I'm going ta donate $5/8 of each sale to Wounded Warrior Project to augment what I was able to give at RTB4 rally.

THE LIST...
KamLeeR CO THC - $5 to WWP
slowoldguy MASTERSET $8 to WWP
PAID cavemanjed CO THC OZ TYEDYE $8 to WWP
PAID Dallara 2 THC OZ TYEDYE $8 to WWP
Andrew T ? THC OZ $8 to WWP

THE GUESSIN CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.... SUZUKI HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THERE WILL ALSO BE AN ADVENTURE MODEL IN ADDITION TO A STANDARD DL1000.
No pricing as of yet.....SO.... STAY TUNED..............................We'll have our answer soon.

duchess >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$11,99 9 $$$

Interestingly... no single guesses on just an Adventure model ....[/QUOTE]

SUZUKI......Are you gonna let us in on the secret before the Dallas show next weekend??????

SUNDAY UPDATE: Well... The time changed this mornin..... & the bike is now listed on Suzuki's main site.... Let's see when the TBA goes away......???

Re: 2014 DL1000 V Strom $$$ THE NUMBERS GAME >> Guess The LIST PRICE >> Get a BUTLER

How bout a little impromptu guessin game??

Guess the price of the new 2014 DL1000 V Strom on the mark... LIST PRICE ONLY...no prep...destination...taxes...etc.
WINNER GETS A TYE DYED TEXAS STICKER & A BUTLER MAP OF YOUR CHOICE gratis on me...

Closest runner up either hi or low...GETS THE STICKER...

IF...by chance ...there are two different US DL1000 models with different LIST PRICES...
SUBMIT YOUR GUESS FOR BOTH MODELS & GET TWO MAPS + TWO STICKERS

PLEASE ...ONLY ONE GUESS SUBMITTED FROM EACH FORUM MEMBER... choose which model you want to guess the price on or submit prices for both. (Be sure to put the model you're guessin on.) IF PRICE GUESSES FOR BOTH MODELS SUBMITTED.. BOTH MUST MATCH EXACTLY. IF THE SAME EXACT GUESS IS SUBMITTED BY DIFFERENT MEMBERS... FIRST GUESS SUBMITTED TAKES PRECEDENCE

I think I should note.... If you put price guesses for both models in your post... & it turns out that Suzuki will only have one model released this Fall.... The price you post for the standard model will stand & be counted.

I'll keep a list on the first post so ya'll just make an official post with yer guess... I'll add it to the list.

CONTEST ENDS @ MIDNIGHT OCT 31ST or 1 day before SUZUKI USA announcement of LIST PRICE(s) ...sorry..but that's the best timeframe I could come up with. Contest only open to members of Two Wheeled Texans Forum.

2014 DL1000 STANDARD LIST PRICE -----------------------2014 DL1000 ADVENTURE(?) LIST PRICE (model name may be different)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

duchess >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$11,999 $$$
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I kno what my guess is ..... but I'm the one runnin the contest so I'm disqualified! HAVE FUN WITH THIS YA'LL!!![/quote]

Well... The cat's outta the bag now..........
Suzuki has just announced pricing on the 2014 DL1000 & DL1000 Adventure

Do we have a winner..... YES kinda.... There weren't any "ON THE BUTTON" correct list price guesses... so...... IT'S MY CONTEST... & I"M BENDIN THE RULES A BIT.

Tx northstar had the closest guess on the standard model DL1000 @ $12,299 HOW ABOUT A FREE BUTLER OZARKS MAP & A TYE DYED TX STICKER FOR THAT GUESS??
trainman had the closest guess on the DL1K Adventure..... A FREE BUTLER THC MAP ...& A STICKER FOR YA ....

THANX TO EVERYONE FOR THE GUESSES..... I wish we woulda been closer to the actual list price.

Does Suzuki have a winner..... That's harder to say.... At $12,699 for the standard bike & $13,999 for the Adventure.... (both prices over $4K dearer than the redesigned DL650!!) The 1000's are gonna have a bit of a tough row ta hoe so ta speak.

I figgered Suzuki would be able to price the bikes just under Triumph's 800 Tigers & BMWs 800/700GS..... GUESS I WAS WRONG..... I hope Suzuki isn't?

Re: 2014 DL1000 V Strom $$$ THE NUMBERS GAME >> Guess The LIST PRICE >> Get a BUTLER

...I figgered Suzuki would be able to price the bikes just under Triumph's 800 Tigers & BMWs 800/700GS..... GUESS I WAS WRONG..... I hope Suzuki isn't?

Nope they're wrong. Suzuki really misfired on this IMO. At those prices the bike wont be a fast or big seller. What are they thinking? I know what I'm thinking...I'll wait a year or two and see brand new leftover 2014's for thousands off MSRP. That markdown will then push down the used market for a well used one even further.

_

Thank you for my maps Rod! Hoping to make it to Colorado (via NM) next year and maybe even Utah. These are going to be a huge help.

THANX Brad! ...& Don't forget... Butler is workin on NM & AZ maps for release soon too. I'll get 'em when they're available.

>>>>>>Andrew T just snagged the last Ozark & THC maps I had available at special pricing<<<<<
...........trainman & TX Voyager WON maps in the NEW V STROM PRICE GUESSIN contest.........

2 for $5 Tye Dyed Texas sticker deals still apply !!

THE LIST...
PAID KamLeeR CO THC - $5 to WWP DELVRD
PAID slowoldguy MASTERSET $8 to WWP DELVRD
PAID cavemanjed CO THC OZ TYEDYE $8 to WWP MAILED
PAID Dallara 2 THC OZ TYEDYE $8 to WWP MAILED
PAID Andrew T CO THC OZ $8 to WWP

The total donations for WWP from these sales & from the sales at the rally is $75
The numbers may seem small comparatively speaking... but every bit counts
BIG THANX TO BUTLER MAPS FOR HELPING WITH COST ADJUSTMENTS TO ME

REPRINT FROM THE UPCOMING RIDES EVENTS SECTION

WACO AREA:JAN/FEB 2014>>The first CYCLEDELIC HIPPIE'S MID-WINTER HAPPENIN (Swap Meet'N Eat)

This idea has been kickin round in my head for a while now.... & I'm lookin for some input from ya'll as to the interest in a little centrally located weekend swap meet/garage sale. Everyone has some unused bike stuff that is sittin round....in closets ..or in the garage/shop.Put it into someone's hands who could benefit from it. Be it riding gear like jackets n boots...or accessories n parts. Heck... you might even have a bike you wanna trade or sell.

Well..... I might have just the thing for ya.... I have a friend with a well located building which has a large front showroom area that is currently unused. I have access to the front part of the building for use over a weekend & could take in your items (with price tags) for sale.. displaying them for other folks who might want to get some use from them. Same goes for motorcycles too.... (no ATVs or UTVs though...not that much room)

I have a long history selling parts, accessories & gear.... along with the occasional bike or car too. Or you might wanna hang around & sell your item yourself.... We could accomodate that too. I haven't been able to donate much to the forum lately (still recuperatin from an almost financial disaster) but would like to have a small donation made to the forum from each item/bike sold. I'll let the seller/buyer decide how much.

I may also have someone in mind to provide some simple inexpensive eats such as brisket sandwiches...tater salad n beans...maybe some chips & drinks if folks might wanna hang around & visit while either droppin stuff off or lookin for the next needed bike accessory..or ???

The building has parking out front...along the side & out back. There are newly installed facilities for ...those needs...
Located in a pretty secure neighborhood with several other businesses nearby incl an automotive parts store & a Jack In The Box + an HEB
Easy to get to from most directions....(cept maybe up!or down!!)

I'll prob have access to the building the weekend before for folks who may have sumthin else goin on the weekend of the Happenin but want to bring stuff by & leave it anyway. Possibly the weekend after too...for pick ups afterward.

I'm thinkin of a time frame like the end of January/February when folks are most likely not riding as much but lookin for sumthin bike oriented to do.

OK YA'LL.... LEMME KNO..........

12-14 UPDATE...
ANUTHER WEEK GONE BY
...& I'm still waiting for any kind of response here or via PM/email/phone 2 five for 7 TuTu too OH OH 5
I need to kno who is bringin what????????? I can't have folks waitin till 1 week before the event to contact me.
SEND YOUR SALE ITEM LISTS NOW....whether it's stuff you want me to handle or just a list of stuff you're going to bring & sell yourself. SENDING A LIST DOESN'T MEAN THAT YOU'RE DEFINATELY ATTENDING... ONLY THAT YOU HAVE ITEMS TO SELL. I just need a pre event list to make it easier.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12-23 UPDATE
IT'S BEEN A MONTH SINCE I POSTED THIS THREAD & STILL NO PM's FROM FORUM MEMBERS WITH THEIR LIST OF ITEMS. I'LL GIVE THIS IDEA ANUTHER WEEK TO GET SOME PM's WITH LISTS OF ITEMS ....AFTER THAT I CAN'T GUARANTEE I"LL HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO GET EVERYTHING CATALOGED PROPERLY. YA'LL SPEAK UP....

Waco I assume? Any nearby camping? That might make a nice destination / winter camping trip. After losing 85 pounds, I have a coat or two to sell :)

Thanx to Bob W for the 3 Butler maps purchased!!!

& thanx again Bob... for the other maps purchased in Feb

Last edited:

WE HAVE A FIRST......

Tye Dyed Texas to the world....

My Stickers will be heading to Canada in the next couple of days. First ones sent outta the country!

THANX STEVE ON ADV!!

Re: TYE DYED TEXAS TOURGUIDE > BUTLER TX HILL COUNTRY MAP SALE

I've now got the updated 3rd Ed Tx Hill Country...& will soon hav the AZ state maps if anyone wants either... lemme kno....

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Re: TYE DYED TEXAS TOURGUIDE - BUTLER MAPS - TOURS - GOODIES - VEHICLES for sale

All the latest cars hav em
pupeqy3a.jpg

saqedete.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Ok I'll need 3 of those. And let me know when you design a non color one. ;-)

Hi Mary.......
You need 3..??? OK.... I thought you already had some... but if not... I'll send ya 3 of em. Still don't kno if I'll do a "non color version though. PM me with your ship info & a little $$..
THANX!,Rod

Back