• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rendezvous Time!!! Rich Mountain Rendezvous - Sept. 14-17, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go up before we start on Thursday, whatever camping you do will be paid to the park. Starting Thursday, we take tent camping payments at the Rendezvous check in for our participants. RV spots and lodge rooms are paid to the park directly (we have a group reservation discount number for those). The rangers let us take care of the tent camping because it's easier for them. So we count all the noses and keep track of our people and they do everything they can to help us all have a wonderful time!

Come on out! Ride places! Help kids! :rider:

Brad, camping trailers need to reserve pull in spots. If you are tent camping and the trailer is just to haul the bike then tent camping is pay at registration when you check in (not with the park, but with Kat). Then you can park the truck and trailer out of the way.

Or at least, that's my understanding. Kat can correct me and/or clarify.

Oh, and dual sport bike? I'm assuming the 690? ThomasM is hauling out his CRF250L to find some dirt so you'll have some decent company. I'm riding out on the K1600 so I will be avoiding the dirt.

Decent? :doh:

Not sure what I'm riding at this point. The GSA is ready to roll but I really needed to get the Honda upgrades done and take it for a shakedown ride before MexTrek. Unfortunately, Harvey decided to hang out in Port Aransas beyond his welcome and putting my place back together down there and helping friends with theirs is taking all the time I had allocated to Honda wrenching. May end up putting both bikes on the trailer and all the Honda parts in the truck and working on it there.

At least you are still going. I was wondering about your place in Port A. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Not worried about a T-shirt. Yes the 690.... I would like to camp in the cargo trailer, but I have a big tent also. I will post bona-fidas on reg. page. Will probably go up early, Monday or Tuesday????

I tried to register, it may be closed.

Don't worry. Kat will be registering folks at the event. Looking forward to seeing you. I know there are a few others heading up early too. Carolyn is one, I believe.

I tried to register, it may be closed.

Sorry about that! The site had some severe hiccups last night for about an hour - just at the very wrongest of time. If you want to PM me your info (name, email, arrival day), I can put the info in for you. Lots of folks pay when they get to the mountain so that's just fine!

Timing is everything in life. Mine wasn't so great yesterday.

Talk at work of Cancelling vacations to make up for the time missed due to Harvey had me worried. I believe that has been resolved. I registered for Snoopster and Myself. We will be heading up Thursday and have reserved a spot at the lodge.

Slapping a new tire and new battery on the bike this weekend and will be good to go. Looking forward to some time away with friends.

Glad you both can make it!

See y'all in a few days. 2-wheeler and camping.

Dutchman - heading up that way from near Galveston area, I-45 and then up 59 most of the way to AR (boring, I know). Leaving Thurs. AM at dark thirty (beat Houston rush hour traffic), planning to be there by early afternoon. PM me if you want to meet somewhere north/east of the Conroe area on 59 (probably around daybreak, probably as an early gas stop). Probably one more gas stop in between, and lunch/gas in Mena before heading up the mountain to QW.

Talk at work of Cancelling vacations to make up for the time missed due to Harvey had me worried. I believe that has been resolved. I registered for Snoopster and Myself. We will be heading up Thursday and have reserved a spot at the lodge.

Slapping a new tire and new battery on the bike this weekend and will be good to go. Looking forward to some time away with friends.

Be very careful with that word!

Yo sKatZ!
Can I still get in on the fun. Hoping to get there Thur. nite but nothing is for sure. 5 hr. ride from Springfield, MO

Last edited:
Yo sKatZ!
Can I still get in on the fun. Hoping to get there Thur. nite but nothing is for sure. Dave/Peter do you have a spare bed at the lodge or even floor space for a sleeping bag? 5 hr. ride from Springfield, MO

It is never too late! :-) Get there when you can. We'll leave the light on for you!

If you want to PM me your info (name and email will do), I can add you to our list of rendezvous revelers. :sun:

I need to get focused and start packing. Raised top and plugged in truck camper and started refrigerator. Had to go through tiddler bike carbs and think they're ok now. Washed bedding and cleaned stuff from last trip. I'm always behind when it comes to camping and riding

I was going to Idaho for a rally....Idaho and the area I was going to ride are on fire and I won't be going.....BUT the trailer is packed for a ride and I have no place to go(whimper, whimper). Would lit be OK if I showed up at the Rich Mtn ride. I am not afraid to pay the applicable fees or beg....I just need a place to ride!!!

NO!!

Just kidding [emoji12] It will be good to see you again Brad [emoji41]

Trying to get there, but usps is not cooperating.

I needed a new starter for my rig, so I paid extra for guaranteed delivery on Monday. But now it seems the USPS has lost the package. Grrr

Trying to decide if I come without my ride or continue to wait for an inept government agency to do their job. Grrrr

I wish I had insisted on UPS or FedEx.

Trying to get there, but usps is not cooperating.

I needed a new starter for my rig, so I paid extra for guaranteed delivery on Monday. But now it seems the USPS has lost the package. Grrr

Trying to decide if I come without my ride or continue to wait for an inept government agency to do their job. Grrrr

I wish I had insisted on UPS or FedEx.

Come anyway. There is stuff beside riding to do.

I plan to ride up tomorrow. 6 days of jury duty, meetings with property tax personnel, etc have come to pass, changed the oil and filter on the Yamaha and ordered front tire that will not be installed today so maybe the 650 with a front tire that has 12500 miles and motor oil with 3300 miles. Like it matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back