• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Helmet "display"?

Swagfu

Reaction score
I am looking for some ideas on "displaying/storing" my helmets. I have 7 or 8 helmets and was thinking of putting them on display instead of selling off the ones I don't wear anymore. I have seen wall hangars, shelves and store displays, but nothing really floated my boat. Any other ideas?

Mannequins!!!

I actually thought of just the heads but was worried about what it might do to the inside of the helmets. Although you could paint them all different colors to look like someone actually wearing them....but that might be creepy...lol

Suspended upside down from the ceiling. (Challenging to implement reliably; would be ironic getting hit in the head by a helmet.)

Underneath a glass coffee table.

Inside a large fishtank. (Remove the liners, obviously. Maybe enlarge the vents to enable critters to pass thru.)

I like the mannequin idea; they can ride along in your car/truck. Or strapped to the hood or roof.

Maybe I should stop now.

Just put em on a shelf.

Make a display rack with upright posts. attach softball sized styroam balls on top of the posts.

Mannequin heads.

The only thing I've never seen would be to drill small holes in the top and hang them with some heavy duty mono-filament below a shelf.

If you're really that proud of them, make individual shadow boxes for each of them. Put some pictures of you with the helmet, along with some other mementos from when you were using that particular helmet.

Me personally? I take a perverse sort of pleasure by taking a 3 pound hammer to my old retired helmets. I get a good feel for how protective they really were.

Birds like them for nesting. Sadly my old helmet was not out of reach of the cat.

Back