• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My son Dusty

^^^^^^^Congrats i guess?

New update

691d5fca8e58706d067275368ac3df82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Thanks Downs for posting the updates!

Way to go Dustin!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

So is he awake or still in a coma? I saw that he can do hand signals and spoke in direct response to people in the room with him. Just kind of confused about what his actual condition might be now.

Sorry for not keeping this thread up dated.
Thank You to those that are placing the FB posts over here.
Dusty's physical condition has improved greatly. His body is healing well.
His mental condition (cognitive state) is still not known.
He cannot feed himself or be feed and has a feeding tube.
I have not heard him speak or try to.
The hand signals look to me to be reflexes, as are a lot of his movements.
He is improving and is responding to some commands.
I don’t know how to describe his state but on some of the rehab scales for head trauma maybe a 3.5 on a 1 to10.
I see him in the evenings after therapy so he is pretty worn out.
He has been moved from JPS ICU to a private IUC unit. I don’t know how long he will be there, he has to meet some standards before he can be move to a long term therapy and rehab facility.
We don’t know how long this will be, he could come out of it at any time, but no one knows.
It’s hard to describe his state and there is improvement and he is getting better but it’s going to be a long process.

Thank You for Your Prayers and continued Prayer

Glad to hear the healing is on way. I sure hope and pray that the rest falls into place soon and precise. Hope to read and or see him back in business again with this all behind him soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jeff. We will continue to pray for improvement.

db9b7b6d13a7762c587114796eb44c2d.jpg

Everyone can thank these quick updates to evil Facebook

Sent from my iPhone

Trach is out and Dustin is doing alot more talking. Hopefully starting on some solid foods today and probably moving to a traumatic brain injury rehab on Monday.

latest update.

Dusty has been moved to Baylor Dallas, he is talking better and doing therapy, he is doing good but has a long way to go. His pelvis should be healed enough for him to start therapy for standing and walking he sees a DR tomorrow hope he will let him start. I have not looked on Facebook myself so I need to check.

iPhone Tapatalk

So a full recovery from brain injuries and he just needs to regain mobility?

Scott I wish it was like that but unfortunately it is not. The brain injuries are not going away, the rest of his body is healing well.

But he is awake, able to speak, and coherent?

The kids were asking last night when we were praying and I wasn't really sure what to tell them about his current condition.

Back