• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wildflowers?

blue bonnets are blooming good on the side of I-35 on the south side of Fort Worth!:lol2:

a bunch of vivid purple flowers along FM4 west of Cleburne.

Tons in my area - Yoakum, Gonzales, Molton, Schulenburg, Hallettsville, Shiner... We're at the very bottom of the hill country on the east side. Heck, I'm squashing quite a few every day working in the vineyard.

We were in Fredericksburg last week and it was so so (wildflower wise).

They're pretty thick around the Benham area right now. Started blooming about two weeks ago, so there's probably more to come.

Yep, the bees are going nuts. I can't even get the bike out of the barn without getting yelled at for stepping on the Blue Darn-its. Take care on the FMs, the family photographers are framing their photos better than they are picking their parking spots.

Mostly south and east now. Was in Leakey last weekend and they aren't blooming there yet. Bastrop/Smithville areas are amazing right now.

They're pretty thick around the Benham area right now. Started blooming about two weeks ago, so there's probably more to come.
Pics from yesterday. :sun: KDX in the back 40.

20140405_173946_zpsa76a2dc2.jpg

20140405_174724_zps70eeda1e.jpg

20140405_174747_zpsd0db7ff7.jpg

XR200 in the North 20.

20140405_181524_zpsb8fb6712.jpg

20140405_181457_zps0324bbdd.jpg

20140405_181439_zps2f51848c.jpg

20140405_181227_zpse530c619.jpg

Springtime in Texas!!! :zen: :sun: :clap:

Last edited:
That gives me hope, Rman. Thx for the great pics. And I'm hoping this week's rain will bring next week's bounty, since Kickstand-Prophet & I are headed for the hill country.

Was in the cage this AM in the rain and saw some really spectacular color (lots of bluebonnets & yellow/orange/red wildflowers) between Burton and Gay Hill on La Bahia Road (390). From Gay Hill to Independence, not so much. If the sun decides to come out this week I might make a run up there on my ST.

This thread is currently just below the Discreet Carry thread. Love the diversity of this forum.

This thread is currently just below the Discreet Carry thread. Love the diversity of this forum.

I'm pretty discreet about carrying flowers. That'll get you beaten up in a few corners of Dallas. :duck:

Texas is in bloom and I'm stuck in Massachewsheetz. How depressing.

The info was great. In Hallettsville tonight. Loads of flowers from Cuero to Yoakum and to Hallettsville. Herds of cattle lying in fields of bluebonnets. Thanks for the info.

Well, as I said, we took the advice and went in the Hallettsville area. Rode the bike on back roads off of back roads. Nearly dumped my Bonneville when a dirt road suddenly turned into deep sand. Whew!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_9731avsm.jpg
    IMG_9731avsm.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_9746avsm.jpg
    IMG_9746avsm.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 197
I've never seen blue bonnets like there is on TX 130 south of TX 45 in austin.

i just got back from houston via 290/hwy 6. on my way down on friday, the flowers were sporatic between waco and nw houston. but from hico to waco, they were amazing in the mid morning light. reds, yellows, blues, purples. acres of 'em. and the oak trees light green leaves, leafing out between the dark cedars. :clap:

Drove the Jeep to Crockett and back today to sell a bike, very pretty along 21, though not a ton of flowers. Nice all the same with some really strong patches, and some colors I've never seen.

I was bathed in the perfume of the wildflowers from Dallas to Austin and back yesterday. They are everywhere. No pics because lighting sucked yesterday.

Paid for by our tax dollars no doubt, or do you think the toll builders pay for that? Hmm

I think they had to seed it because it looks like a nonstop purple carpet. Either way, we're paying for it via tax $$ or tolls. On another note, I've gone to the Austin Airport about six times in the past two months and none of the trips down 130 have shown up on my TXTAG statement.

Wednesday, 4/23 I saw lot's o' flowers while 2-wheelin' it on my ST. They were nice everywhere but were particularly good from Flatonia to La Grange, and from La Grange to Round Top to Shelby (Shelby area especially!).

Back