• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bought my favorite bike.......

Reaction score
I bought one of these right off the showroom floor back in 1997. I always look for them on CL when I'm just trolling around. Found one down in Georgetown. Wasn't in too bad of shape. Needs some TLC but it is 20 years old!!!!

1997 Suzuki TL1000S

Attachments

• IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 238
i know what it's like. back in 2010 i bought a new in shipping crate 2007 honda interceptor VFR in red/white/blue with a factory warranty.
last month, i found a 1992 suzuki DR350 and bought it.
Boy, I am a happy man. (both bought at an insane low price) :clap:

I see 'em all the time, mostly with no fairings and not running. That one sure is pretty, might be one of 'em that I've seen a long while back. If so, it's been around the block a few times. A good freshening up will do her some good. Great find. You should be more than happy with her. :)

There was one in SA that only had 7k miles and original owner. But it wasn't a 97 and he wanted a bit more money. Not saying it wasn't worth it. I wanted a 97.

'97 is the true widow maker. Nice find, too bad you couldn't find a much prettier and faster R model though. Someone has to ride the ugly older stepsister I guess. ;)

I had 2 TLS's and one R. I love the S, but the R is more comfortable. BUT I ALWAYS WANTED A GREEN 97 cause it was the one to have and the prettiest TLS.

TL1000S2.jpg

P1010756.jpg

P3315978.jpg

Last edited:
I think a sound comparison video between the Hyper and the TLS is required now.

The RS-3s on the TL are quiet. The Hyper sounds flat. My old D&Ds on my old TL were the shiznit.

Two bros black series titanium on my SV1k at idle sounds like growling pit bull on meth.

Hey where did you get the 1882 Gold Wing. Those are a bit dated and are not Suzuki, just saying...

Nice catch, Doug! Fixed. Sorry for the thread hijack!

Man, my old tiller looked good! I miss that beast but I don't think I could deal with riding it now. My knees wouldn't be able to handle it.

Here's a shot of my "1882" wing:
20160213_104038_zpsxcurtm4h.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get me started. I got the gixxer, don't need a big v-twin, I got the gixxer, don't need a big v-twin..nanananana!!!

I've also been looking at 05-06 Gixxer 1K's...

I knew I'd miss having a "fun" bike, but I didn't think it would be this soon.

It has 31k miles on it. Just replaced the chain and sprockets as well as the brake pads and tires. It also had the infamous cracked rotary damper mount so I went with a Bitubo shock replacement. Still needs a bit of TLC but I have just about road worthy now. I need to get some time on it to give it a good shake down. I love just looking at this thing in the garage. Puts a smile on my face every time. Nothing like a sport twin........nothing.

Nice, the bitubo was a great improvement on my TLR without the economic setback of other replacement shocks. Good choice.

Goodness, you were digging back to some OLD threads! Must have been on the good board since someone mysteriously lost all the data on the other forum.

Back