• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

'17 V Strom 650 tested

:sun::rider::clap: So, the "Worlds Best M/C" just got better! I like the spoke wheel option, I wonder if it will be available here. If the prices were in aussie $'s, you can use a .79 multiplier for our cost. Around 8k seems right. It looks BA in yellow. I think I need one. My Wee is a wimpy 06 model. rh

Good looking street bike like it's always been. You can buy 2012's with low mileage all day long for way less than 1/2 the cost of '17.
I paid 6K for a two year old '12 Adventure loaded with less than 5000 miles on it in 2014. Some 12-15 or sub 5K now. I'm just saying I don't see much improvements except low pipe and LED's for about 10K out door and still need bags, bash plate, hand guards, better windshield pegs etc. If it were a true dual sport it might be worth it, watch video, it is all over the place on simple off-road stuff, just like mine. But a great pavement runner.

Last edited:
I think the pricing was in Aussie $, that makes it about 8k in US $. That is close to the new ones I saw at Cycle Shack last week. rh

Last edited:
I still bet it is over 9K out door and more for the spoke model. I will get a quote on the spoke adventure with bags etc., betting it is over 10K out door. Not a bad price. My 2011 KLR was a better trail bike IMO. But not even close to the smoothness on highway as the Wee.
I love the bike, just don't see any substantial change, except beak and low pipe. Still 475 lbs. too.

Last edited:
I have to agree on the dirt bike factor. The Wee is great as a road bike and throw in a third world paved/gravel road, it is in it's element. It is not a dirt bike. My 03 KLX 400R spanks my Wee in every way at that level and my KTM EXC 250 cleans both of those clocks without looking back. rh

Love my '05. It does most of what I want it to do. Probably get $2500 for it. Worth 3 x times that to me the way it sits

I know it's more $ but I would go the extra to get Yamaha FJ 09. Over the new Wee both sport tourers IMO. Both almost 5 gallon tank. I'm sure the Wee does gravel roads better but the FJ is a sweet bike that gets up and goes. I'm just curious what out the door price on each is with bags.

Back