• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New West Houston WR250R Rider

Reaction score
Well I sold my R6 back in 2016 and finally cannot stand not having a bike anymore. Im going to try this dual sport thing. The idea of being able to go from street to off road and back seems interesting. Not a stranger to bikes. Had an XR200 as my first, then a KX125, YZ250, CB750, R6 and now a WR250R. Love super sports but Houston is just too boring and dangerous to ride them. The dirt bikes were great, but trucking them around sucked. So dual it is now!

Welcome to the site! :wave:

The WR250R can be ridden to Alaska and back. It's been done ;-)

http://www.bigdogadventures.com/1Alaska.htm

You can also ride in on the trails in the Sam Houston NF (if they ever re-open after Harvey...). But, you will need the OHV sticker, available at most dealerships.

Be sure to check the DS section of the forum as there are frequent rides and gatherings. In fact, there is one coming up in a few weeks,

6th Annual Ghost's Freezeree and IXL School Jan 19-21, 2018
http://twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116081

Well I sold my R6 back in 2016 and finally cannot stand not having a bike anymore. Im going to try this dual sport thing. The idea of being able to go from street to off road and back seems interesting. Not a stranger to bikes. Had an XR200 as my first, then a KX125, YZ250, CB750, R6 and now a WR250R. Love super sports but Houston is just too boring and dangerous to ride them. The dirt bikes were great, but trucking them around sucked. So dual it is now!
Welcome to west Houston and the site.. Are in katy????

Wondering, cause riding in katy/Houston is anything but boring.. We have group rides you get join in on.. We know all the roads and where all the twistys are..

Look up a group on HSBR on Facebook. Are usual meet up is Friday and Sat night at Starbucks.. 610 and westheimer.. Love to see you there.. And I can show you all the trails in west Houston.. They are very hidden and remote, so the police have a hard time harassing us there.. Lol

Rodio

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Welcome, I have two WR250Rs and plan to take them to Colorado in July to do the COBDR with my son.

The two of them will fit in the back of my F150, so we will be trucking them to CO.

Welcome,

Former WRR owner, see Signature link. I also returned to DS a few years back, and Sparky opened my eyes for the last 2 years; enjoyed COBDR, Alpine Loop, MOAB, White Rim Trail, Big Bend NP, Cloudcroft NM, and lots of hill country rides.

Howdy,

As a WR250R owner, the bike enjoys the Mexican highway sans roadside boulders.

:rofl:

RB

20170319_155114_HDR-L.jpg

Welcome to west Houston and the site.. Are in katy????

Wondering, cause riding in katy/Houston is anything but boring.. We have group rides you get join in on.. We know all the roads and where all the twistys are..

Look up a group on HSBR on Facebook. Are usual meet up is Friday and Sat night at Starbucks.. 610 and westheimer.. Love to see you there.. And I can show you all the trails in west Houston.. They are very hidden and remote, so the police have a hard time harassing us there.. Lol

Rodio

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Hope you're not on private property.

Yes... But grew up in Katy and am allowed by some folks to ride on thier property.. My family has been in Katy for over 70 years. I always call first but they will run anyone else off they don't know..

Mikie86

Yes... But grew up in Katy and am allowed by some folks to ride on thier property.. My family has been in Katy for over 70 years. I always call first but they will run anyone else off they don't know..

Mikie86

Then no need to worry about LEO's!!

Back