• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Galeana

Reaction score
First Name
james
Last Name
severe
Wanting to ride Galeana area but noticed Tex/Mex stopped going there a few years ago. Problems I'm blissfully unaware of? March seems like a good time. All information is appreciated. Any takers? Thanks ahead of time.:rider:

Contact Richard via PM and try to talk to him on the phone. He/Milton/JT the usual gang went and returned not too long ago and all was well.

You're going to love Galeana

One day Tricepilot will lead a trip down there. Goodness knows I bribed him with enough beer at The Starlight.

:chug:

Thanks for the quick replies. Is Richard his handle on TWT ? Otherwise how do I contact him. Thanks again.

More Galeana Travelers:

Trail Boss is Richard's handle

Yesterday I met with a couple heading to Galeana also. I gave them some general Mexico riding tips and we did some tentative route planning and destination selecting.

They're on the road until next April, riding Latin America

In the Galeana area they will be riding the mountain roads and fishing.

i-KzDcN7n-M.jpg

Here's their blog, check it out:

http://2rods2wheels2up.com/

Here's another rider I talked to with prep info before his Mexico trip that included the Galeana area:

i-NzNKBCC-L.jpg

Another rider named John

Find his posts on ADV under jproaster (for coffee roaster ha ha)

He continued on to Chiapas and the coffee finca (farm) area near Guatemala

While in the Galeana area he found a nice place to stay in Santiago

I'm a winter texan and in missouri now. Planning to return in october to do galeana with my nephew. Coming back to tx in late dec/march later. Sorry we couldn't get together earlier. BTW we both ride dr 650's.

maybe early October would be better but if you get a chance to come down earlier this year I would jump on that too, and have you been to galeana? Anyone else interested?

I'm considering going to Galeana end of April or May. Would be interested in joining up with others headed that way.

Re: More Galeana Travelers:

Trail Boss is Richard's handle

Yesterday I met with a couple heading to Galeana also. I gave them some general Mexico riding tips and we did some tentative route planning and destination selecting.

They're on the road until next April, riding Latin America

In the Galeana area they will be riding the mountain roads and fishing.

i-KzDcN7n-M.jpg

Here's their blog, check it out:

I checked out their blog, looks like they missed out on a lot around galeana, their exploring around the Laguna reminds me of when I went solo looking for el pozo del Gavilán it took me awhile, you got plans for galeana bob?

Re: More Galeana Travelers:

Yesterday I met with a couple heading to Galeana also.

I checked out their blog, looks like they missed out on a lot around galeana, their exploring around the Laguna reminds me of when I went solo looking for el pozo del Gavilán it took me awhile, you got plans for galeana bob?[/QUOTE]

I am, it's always hard to find gaps in my work schedule but I've always wanted to visit the area. I've only cruised around there vicariously via the Mextrek guide.

Thinking about 5 days or so. Planning to ride down from McAllen

You been to galeana before? You ridin the 250? Honestly I'd like to do 3 days maybe 4...
Anybody else coming down with ya?

Never been to Galeana. Looking at it as a good, close final shakedown ride before heading out on two 250s for a much longer ride. I'm also interested in either 3 or 4 days of loops out of Galeana, using the MexTrek guide. If any of you are interested in riding down and back as a group, and then maybe doing some loops together or separate, I'm currently considering something in between April 25 and May 3. Keep in mind that we travel a bit slower, being on 250s.

I'm good with slower as I like to be able to appreciate the scenery & culture along with the riding. I agree that Richard's idea of staying in Galeana and riding day loops is a great plan.

Are you guys thinking of driving to the border then riding the rest of the way?

Back