• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Broke down in Tucson

Reaction score
I'd like everyone to remember and pray for Ara, he's broke down in Tucson. I've injoyed his ride reports for a longtime and could tell he seemed like a man on more than just a nice long road trip we all dream about doing one day, but reading a little more about him I found out about how he lost his son to cancer a few years ago. My wife and I have been blessed with two sons of our own and it's hard to imagine losing one or even both. God used the love that I had for them to bring me to a place where I would truly commit my life to him and I was born again. God gave me no promises that I would not see a day without them in it but he did give me this, and that is no matter what happens in my life, what I gain or even what I lose that He would always be with me and I would be able to say" It is well with my soul". I laid my sons on the altar many years ago and they are His, but He's given them back to me to raise for a time and I'm thankful. I'm also so thankful that He laid His son on the altar for us. Thank you and God bless.

ya'll? where in tucson is Ara? what's the situation? I followed the "about Ara" link but not seeing anything up to date?

ya'll? where in tucson is Ara? what's the situation? I followed the "about Ara" link but not seeing anything up to date?

The TWT link in post #2 has a lllllong story - go to the end to see his sidecar rig being towed (post #965 on page 49). The repairs will be expensive and he can't cover it. There is a way to donate on his blog.

My economy precludes any participating in his recovery. I can only offer moral support at this time. That and a bump to the top of the page.

:tab I can really relate to his discomfort and being on the receiving end of other people's charity. Over the years, I have used TWT to raise money for various people in need of help. I never expected to be one of them though. After Beth and I had an accident a few years back, the flood of support from TWT members was literally overwhelming. I had the same feelings that Ara describes, but folks reminded me that there are times to give and times to receive. Just glad I can be on the helping side again ;-)

Back