• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Skydiver is back to bikes after 20 years...

Javier

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Javier, I am 51, I am an Economist from Mexico City with a couple of degrees here in the US. Married to a beautiful and bright woman, father to 10 and 9 YO bright and beautiful boys. Life gave me a second chance after a life threatening skydiving accident that has required more than 25 surgeries. Still, here I am and my main hobby is training Andalusian horses (like the Lipizans). I also play the guitar and try to do a lot of camping.

I love the camaraderie of bikes. I live in Austin but I am moving to The Woodlands, TX next month. I would love to join you for some of your chats and even a trip here and there.

I have the most pristine 1975 Honda Scrambler CL 360. I bought it with 900 miles and it has 1100. I also have a more rideable bike, a 2010 Triumph Thruxton.

At first I thought the footpegs were way back there but when I got on my physical memory knew exactly where they were. I just love the racing position and find it as comfortable as crunching in my mother's womb.

I love cafe racers and I would like to modify the Thruxton to something unique.

So, when I move to Austin I will join you in one of your Restaurant-Bar night outs. I'm glad I discovered yoall.

Good wishes, Javier.

Welcome to TWT. When you get to the Woodlands let us know. There is a group that meets a different locations around the Conroe/Montgomery/Willis area.

Check out the up coming rides section for the Montgomery bike night thread.

Posted using a bit of magic. . . In other words with a bit of luck.

I hate it when you pull the rip cord and camping gear comes flying out.:doh:

Welcome to the site.
Are you moving from Austin or to Austin.
Would love to see the horses!

From mobile

Guys, thanks for the warm welcome; I feel right at home.

What makes somebody move to The Woodlands? It's great for kids and I have a 10 and a 9.

Pictures of the bikes... here they go, I think.

Want to see the horses... Here's a pic but I got my website at www.andalusiansatwork.com

Looking forward to riding with the Montgomery, Conroe etc. crew.

Have a happy week! Good wishes, Javier.

Attachments

• XS with fender.jpg
    XS with fender.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Borbon and Bonilla cropped 2.jpg
    Borbon and Bonilla cropped 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Honda CL360 Scrambler JB Small.jpg
    Honda CL360 Scrambler JB Small.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0793_Small.jpg
    IMG_0793_Small.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 176
Oh, I'm sorry. The black one is a Yamaha XS 650 that The Limey or Limeybikes of Austin is building for me. They are turning a 1975 or so frame into a sort of tracker/racer (it still has personality problems). I told them I liked vintage bikes with modern technology and this motorcycle is supposed to be that. For staters it has electronic ignition (no pun intended). Of the three that's maybe the one I will keep, cause I can't possibly keep them all.

My black bike should look exactly like this, but without the golden tones.

Attachments

• Perfect Tracker XS-650-Street-Tracker-Yamaha.jpg
    Perfect Tracker XS-650-Street-Tracker-Yamaha.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 185
Welcome to TWT! I encourage you to keep all three bikes. They don't eat like horses when they are not being ridden after all. A lot of us have multiple bikes here.

Welcome Javier--This is a very friendly bunch of people here. That Thruxton would make a very good looking cafe. I am also an ex skydiver but also always had my bikes. Started going to the Drop Zone wearing my rig. Made sure my ripcord (for those who remember ripcords) was secured to prevent an unexpected deployment from my bike! OldDave USPA D licensed parachutist-tandem instructor-FAA licensed parachute rigger.

Back