• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shop Amazon and help support TWT -- No Longer Available

If you are buying presents on Amazon, don't forget to use this portal and get TWT some extra funding. I am bumping this so that it is easier to find.

Even though this is no-gift Christmas for us, a few items:

• American Exit Strategy (The Economic Collapse Chronicles) (Volume 1)
  • Kershaw 1990 Brawler Speedsafe Folding Knife
  • Rick & Morty: Season 1
  • Rick and Morty: The Complete Second Season [Blu-ray]
  • Headbangers Symphony - Wolf Hoffmann
  • Seconds: A Graphic Novel
  • Techniques for Drawing Female Manga Characters (v. 20)
  • Kershaw TX Tool

Copied the link and sent it to my wife, she orders from Amazon at least three times a week.

Glad to help!

Awesome thanks! We use it a ton as well (mostly my wife). She uses a similar deal as this to support a local charity organization since our own purchases can't apply to TWT. I use Scorch's forum link when I order since he uses mine :thumb:

How have I missed this? TWT's Amazon link now on my Favorites list, right at the top. Just how to figure out how to look up something from Amazon I happen across on some other site so TWT gets credit.

How have I missed this? TWT's Amazon link now on my Favorites list, right at the top. Just how to figure out how to look up something from Amazon I happen across on some other site so TWT gets credit.
Hit Amazon from the link, then just manually search for it. Item numbers are a good way, and you can copy paste those. The cookie will follow your browser session, so whatever you find, add to cart and purchase will give TWT the credit.

It's just going to take some practice learning how to use Amazon's search tools effectively.

after making the rounds and finding no one sells long johns in sizes larger than medium I went the twt amazon route.
ended up buy several sets of fancy thermals, trick fenix 1000 lumen head light and joined prime so I can watch top gear and get stuff in hours not weeks free!

I like the old cotton 2 piece long john and want to get some more. Last time I found them at Sears but who knows anymore.

I just used the link to amazon and ordered some "stuff" but I did not see any TWT information on the order. Should I be able to see any refrences to TWT getting credit? :shrug:

I just used the link to amazon and ordered some "stuff" but I did not see any TWT information on the order. Should I be able to see any refrences to TWT getting credit? :shrug:

No. It would be nice if they would do that so you could be sure, but for some reason they don't :shrug: I thought the same thing though when I was using the link for someone else's forum (not allowed to use my own).

I can logon to Amazon and check what folks have purchased at any time. The question here was how the person making a purchase can verify at the time of purchase whether or not the intended organization will be getting credit. To my knowledge, there is no way to do this :shrug:

What I will do if I have been doing lots of searches and coming/going is to figure out what I want, save it to a wish list or my cart, then logout of Amazon. I will then go find the referral link I want to use, enter Amazon through that link, then do nothing but make the purchases. It is a little extra work, but it seems to work every time. I might not do that for EVERY single purchase I make, but if I know I am going to be spending a good bit of money (like on camera gear and such), then I make the extra effort because I know that will send a good chunk of change to the intended organization.

What I would LOVE to see is something right there on the order confirmation page that clearly shows you who will be receiving what for each purchase. I am not sure why Amazon doesn't do this :ponder:

What I would LOVE to see is something right there on the order confirmation page that clearly shows you who will be receiving what for each purchase. I am not sure why Amazon doesn't do this :ponder:
Me, too, and I don't know, either. As the purchaser, I'd want to prove to myself it goes where I want it to go. it only makes sense to me that Amazon could fulfill this tiny request. They already have the calculations at every purchase - showing me can't be that big of a deal to code in.

Me, too, and I don't know, either. As the purchaser, I'd want to prove to myself it goes where I want it to go. it only makes sense to me that Amazon could fulfill this tiny request. They already have the calculations at every purchase - showing me can't be that big of a deal to code in.

Can't hurt to email them and let them know.

I will poke around on the back end on their website where I can manage my stuff and see if there isn't a place to put that request or at least find out why they aren't doing it if they are aware of the desire.

:tab Amazon's Operating Agreement requires that I include the following disclosure on my site,

5. Identifying Yourself as an Associate

You must clearly state the following on your Site or any other location where Amazon may authorize your display or other use of Content: “We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.” Except for this disclosure, you will not make any public communication with respect to this Agreement or your participation in the Associates Program. You will not misrepresent or embellish our relationship with you (including by expressing or implying that we support, sponsor, or endorse you), or express or imply any affiliation between us and you or any other person or entity except as expressly permitted by this Agreement. [emphasis added]

:tab That part I emphasized would make it seem that even having this discussion might be prohibited :scratch:

:tab Then, there is this in their Program Policies regarding content in my site,

8. Content on Your Site. You will be solely responsible for the content on your Site and ensure:

(u) You will not directly or indirectly purchase any Product(s) through Special Links, whether for your use of for the use of any other person or entity, and you will not permit, request or encourage any of your friends, relatives, employees, contractors, or business relations to directly or indirectly purchase any Product(s) through Special Links, whether for their use, your use or the use of any other person or entity. Further, you will not purchase any Product(s) through Special Links for resale or commercial use (of any kind) or offer any Products on your Site for resale or commercial use of any kind.

:tab So I am mandated to make sure people know that I am participating in the affiliate program so they know I am not actually part of Amazon. The stated purpose of the mandated disclosure to it let people know that my affiliation is specifically intended to allow me to earn fees for linking people to Amazon (based on purchases they make once there). However, I am not supposed to request that anyone I might know to use that link... :doh: It's almost like they expect the links to be used randomly and not intentionally on the part of the end customer, and for the customer to have no idea they are actually supporting a specific site (despite the required disclaimer) :shrug: In reading through various posts on their discussion board for associate members, there seems to be a LOT of confusion about this issue :roll: There are many sights that heavily push people to use links on their site and yet Amazon has done nothing to them. Maybe they are just living on borrowed time. I don't know.

:tab To me, if Amazon wants to sell more stuff, I would think it would be in their interest to use the potential desire of end customers to intentionally support a site with their purchases rather than counting on random links resulting in purchases. But what do I know...?

Hmm make one of the link boxes above a Amazon box?

My mother saw the commercial for the snapPower outlet cover night light and decided she had to have some and I found you can only buy them direct from the maker or direct from the maker via amazon.
Oddly they are cheaper with Amazon as a middleman.

Hmm make one of the link boxes above a Amazon box?

My mother saw the commercial for the snapPower outlet cover night light and decided she had to have some and I found you can only buy them direct from the maker or direct from the maker via amazon.
Oddly they are cheaper with Amazon as a middleman.

Link boxes?

Are you referring to the banners at the top of the page? If so, I have the banner asking folks to support TWT by shopping at Amazon. I do not link directly to TWT because I want it to take them to the page where the required disclaimer is presented and also a link to the this thread if they want more info.

I think the big thing is that if you enter Amazon from this link,

http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

So long as your cookies do not expire or are deleted, all the purchases you make should be credited to Amazon. If I use someone else's link to enter Amazon and I am unsure once I have left. I will usually reenter the site again using that person's link before I make the purchase.

What odd policies. I bought some stuff I didn't really need just to support TWT. I don't get why they wouldn't want you to promote Amazon either with or without being linked to the site. :loco:

Back