• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Top 50 Burgers in Texas

I know that smell of a burger patty cooking and on football days you can ride the alleys and smell it all over Texas. Ranks up there with a good bakery smell. The sense of smell gets no respect, no respect at all!

When I was a kid growing up in Houston in the '60s, there was a Brittain's Broiler Burger near Westbury Square. I still remember the smell of that place. Something about cooking meat wakes the Neanderthal. I wonder if there is any connection to the location in Bellaire. Google Maps shows it to be a TitleMax now. Civilization is decaying around us, we're just too busy with our cell phones to notice.

I'll ask the next time I go in. My business PO box is in Westbury... and it ain't as nice a place as it once was.

I have lived in Austin for about 60 years. Never been to any of the places on this list.

Brads in Lampasas has a pretty good burger and like 70 cents cheaper than Sonic. The norm in Lampasas is Storms drive in with the world famous triple meat Storms special. Highly recommended by Carl the Wise.

Bet you've been to Dans more than once. What a great place right there on Lamar. Good burgers fries and onion rings.:eat:

What about Fran's burgers , 290 and Cameron rd. In Austin. She was Dan"s ex. So the story goes. Both Dans and Frans were and are goodly burgers.

Don't know if it's been said in this thread cause I haven't paid much attention but I like TJ's burgers in New Braunfels .

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

Where might Brads be in town? Is it on 281?

They are right across the street from Sonic. Small brown building with only outside dining or to go orders. Picked up a chicken fried steak dinner last night that comes with fries and a salad for under $6.00. Across street also from HEB on 6th street in Lampasas.

Last edited:
I have to take Yelp with a truck load of salt. According to them the top restaurant around here is Taco Bell and the best mechanic is the same moron who botched my long block install. He left off the fan shroud and transmission cover, cut the wiring harness rather than disconnect it, didn't fasten the wheel wells or air cleaner and returned the car to me with the electric windows not working. He blamed the windows on a bad fuse, which was the first thing I checked so I knew he was full of it. Still, he has a 4.4 rating and almost all of the negative ratings are in the Not Recommended category.

What's the deal with fried eggs on a burger? Never tried that.

I did my first burger with egg about a decade ago. Fell in love with it. Fried egg, a slice of red onion, a couple of strips of bacon, a dollop of guacamole plus the usual vegetables and mustard... you've got yourself a burger.

I pretty much like straight forward burgers but when I look for something special, I add avocado (not guacamole).

I did my first burger with egg about a decade ago. Fell in love with it. Fried egg, a slice of red onion, a couple of strips of bacon, a dollop of guacamole plus the usual vegetables and mustard... you've got yourself a burger.
Burger Boy in Gatesville has a burger with egg.. hashbrowns... sciracha sauce among other things
Owned by a Korean lady who usta work for the famous Kitoks in Waco...... mmmmm Oriental Fries
I pretty much like straight forward burgers but when I look for something special, I add avocado (not guacamole).

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Giddings Best......if this is located on West side of town on 290 I sorta think it may be Closed as I gave it a passing glance.

Freiheit Country Store in New Bruanfels has a good burger and the place itself is a real throwback. Another similar place is the Bracken Store and Icehouse, off of FM 2252 between Garden Ridge and the 1604 loop. At 18415 Bracken Drive. I think it is associated with the Bracken Cafe by the Retama Race track. Both places have huge, good burgers. Though I have to admit it's been a while since I went to either.

Had a good burger Sunday at University Burger in G-town. Do not order a large fry unless you have three or more to eat them with you. Onion rings good also. Thanks Marc B for recommending.

I know whataburger gets a lot of love but to me any list that has em as the #1 burger is not a list I'm going to give much credibility.

I have to agree, that even Whataburger which is my fast food go to. I prefer to normally seek out and go to your mom and pop restaurants..:eat: That especially is true for Mexican... When you are traveling Google is your friend if your not in a hurry, and even asking around..

I know whataburger gets a lot of love but to me any list that has em as the #1 burger is not a list I'm going to give much credibility.
^this^
Plus best of Texas ratings without a best Mexican food category? That's just so wrong.

_

Reader's choice - I assume it was guys like us filling in the blanks.

I like the list cause it has all types of foods and their "bests".

Wish they had the cities listed.

Last edited:
Back