• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hydration backpack for tools, tubes, parts and gear

ummmm do you know what happens when you crash with a bag of tools strapped to your body????
heven forbid you crashed with a gallon and a half of gasoline strapped to your body!!

I have permanent nerve damage in my leg due to having a wallet in my pocket and crashing. hard pointy tools is very bad to have strapped to you.

I reckon that 100 ounces of water between my back and the tools will cushion the fall. In fact it has numerous times. :lol2:

Moose Racing makes a backpack just for that purpose. Has a built in tool holder just like the waist tool belts and is 2L or 3L hydration bladder ready. I wish I could tell you more but they are backordered until Nov 8th. I did read that the guys that used them really liked them. After I get mine, I'll try and do a review on it.

I did pick up the Mule, and it is smaller than I thought. I think I can make it work, but I will have to see.

I just purchased 6 CamelBaks from Amazon to check out. I decided to keep the HAWG because it can hold a lot a "stuff" for rides like the EasTex 450 coming up. My wife decided to keep the Mule. The rest we will send back.

Man I love Amazon. :lol2:

2-3 litres of H2O, tools, tubes, etc., will wear you slam out.

I did the exact same thing while training to race. Think like a baseball player uses the bat ring.

I will NEVER wear another backpack again! It makes a day of riding for fun a serious workout.
Try and find small intrusive pack for the bike, let it do the work.

I have had to use tools a few times out in the woods, maybe two tubes in 10 or more years riding dual sports, I found places to attach irons, one 21" tube ( it will work on the rear), and just the tools to fix minor stuff.

Fender bags, small low profile tail packs, zipties whatever.

I picked up two Tusk fender tube packs and attached them to the rear rack. One is for both an 18" and a 21" tube and the patch kit. The other is for all the tools, pump and spares.

The backpack will be used for hydration, first aid, and to stuff the cold/wet weather gear as it warms up and I need to lose layers.

Just got my Moose EXP backpack that was on back order. I haven't got to use it yet but it does look promising. A place for tools,tubes,laptop,mp3,phone and up to a 3L bladder. The laptop and mp3 pocket are fleece lined. Also came with a rain/mud fly.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 132
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 134
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 138
Just caught this. Looks pretty tough. When the bladder in my pack gives out I'll replace it with this.

M fortells the future- Four days later, he had a pinhole leak in his hydration bladder.

I have a Camelbak LOBO that I need to part with, comes with the cleaning kit that is new. Make me an offer my thirsty friends!:sun:

I love my high-capacity Camelbak. The only problem is a dark fungus like film coats the inside of the drinking tube. I have tried hot-water with bleach to no avail.

I guess it is safe to use anyway....

RB

Back