• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DeLorme inReach Explorer cradle

Reaction score
Anyone have one? If so, where did you get it. The ones I see are for the Garmin inReach, not the DeLorme.

Also- someone a while back mentioned using a walkie talkie holder for their Spot/inReach. Innovative, but where does that mount to? I have looked for the thread where it was mentioned to no avail.

Any suggestions?

I scored my 12v cradle for the delorme off ebay used. I found a couple retailers through google search but not for the charging cradle so I jumped on the eBay one when I saw it.

I tuck it into a pocket of my camelback and secure it with a carbiner. One charge of the battery has lasted 6 days with 50% charge left. You could put it in a jacket pocket as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I took mine to Guatemala and just charged it up at night and on the ride I placed it in the pillion bag, face up to the sky. It does not need to be exposed to the air, but also I wouldn't put it inside an aluminum pannier.

Cradles are not necessary

Anyone have one? If so, where did you get it. The ones I see are for the Garmin inReach, not the DeLorme.

Also- someone a while back mentioned using a walkie talkie holder for their Spot/inReach. Innovative, but where does that mount to? I have looked for the thread where it was mentioned to no avail.

Any suggestions?

I bought one off the Giant Loop website. Very secure. I attached it to the shoulder strap of my Camelback .

Just a follow-up. I ran mine for 7 straight days on one charge and still have 40% battery indicated. Probably was on 5-8 hours per day.

Back