TWT Forums  

 


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events > Ride/Trip Planning Info

Notices

Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
Bakeek
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 22
MABDR in April

Is there anyone interested in doing the MABDR from Elmira, NY back to TX? I am thinking I would ship the bike up to a secure location and then airline to Elmira, then ride the MABDR down to the south, and then pick a good route home to TX.

I have a few of the details together now, I am open to suggestions.
Bakeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:38 AM   #2
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 46,610
Re: MABDR in April

When are you wanting to go?

What bike would you be riding?

How long would you want to take to make the trip?

Are you wanting to camp, do hotels, or a combination?
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:40 AM   #3
Bakeek
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 22
Re: MABDR in April

Looking to go mid April...file early or file an extension

I am on a 1200GSA.

I figured a solid week, up to 10 days.

I am a camper by heart, but a night or two in a Hilton won't hurt my feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourmeister View Post
When are you wanting to go?

What bike would you be riding?

How long would you want to take to make the trip?

Are you wanting to camp, do hotels, or a combination?

Last edited by Bakeek; 03-05-2018 at 12:44 AM.
Bakeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 04:33 AM   #4
SilverBullet
 
SilverBullet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Harmaston, TX
Posts: 6,339
Re: MABDR in April

I'm riding it end of May if you're flexible on dates. I have a rally in WV, May 18-20 and then starting the BDR after that ends.

_
__________________
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200 EXC
2002 KTM 300 EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:39 PM   #5
Bakeek
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Fort Worth
Posts: 22
Re: MABDR in April

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
I'm riding it end of May if you're flexible on dates. I have a rally in WV, May 18-20 and then starting the BDR after that ends.



_


I'll see if I can. Boss goes on a European cruise for the month of April which means I get that time off too.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bakeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum
 
Tourmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Huntsville, Tx.
Posts: 46,610
Re: MABDR in April

April is a no go for me. Myself and a few others were looking at maybe doing it in September.
__________________
Scott Friday

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon


The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Upcoming Rides, Trips and Events > Ride/Trip Planning Info

Notices


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All Rights Reserved, Scott Friday 2003-18.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.12374 seconds with 10 queries