• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Co-worker dies of massive heart attack

10-95

Inactive Member
Reaction score
We lost one of our guys the other day. 34 years old and a baby on the way.

Hard to believe a 34 year old fitness nut/SWAT team member/iron man could be taken so young. One of my unit's officers and a sheriff deputy did CPR on him at the scene. When I got there you could pretty well tell he was gone. The image of him being loaded on the gurney will probably be something I'll never forget.

RIP brother.

do.jpg

Bryan officer's funeral set for Friday

By HOLLY HUFFMAN
Eagle Staff Writer

Funeral services are planned Friday for a Bryan police officer who died this week after suffering an apparent heart attack while jogging before his shift.

Jim Do, 34, had worked for the Bryan Police Department for the past seven years. He was a patrol officer and a member of the department's Tactical Response Team.

Do's funeral is set for 1 p.m. Friday at Central Baptist Church, 1991 F.M. 158 in College Station. Graveside services will follow at Rest-Ever Memorial Park in Bryan.

Visitation will be held Thursday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Hillier Funeral Home, 2301 E. 29th St. in Bryan, and Friday between noon and 1 p.m. at the church.

Do was jogging through his neighborhood shortly after 5 p.m. Monday when he collapsed. Bryan police administrators said just minutes earlier, Do ran into an on-duty sheriff's deputy and stopped to chat with him, telling him he planned to do some pull-ups.

The deputy told officials that Do seemed fine at the time. But within five minutes, the deputy was flagged down by a neighbor who had found Do unconscious, clammy and having trouble breathing.

Do was rushed to St. Joseph Regional Health Center, but doctors could not revive him, police said.

Preliminary autopsy results indicate Do had heart disease, but Bryan Police Chief Mike Strope said it didn't appear the young officer was aware he was suffering from it.

A Texas A&M graduate, Do earned several police commendations while on the force. He was married and expecting his first child next year

Very sad. He was way too young.
Added to prayer list.

Sorry, 10-95.

We're danged if we do, and danged if we don't.

Very tragic. You'd think these things would be discovered during physicals, but it comes up with athletes and active people. Bless those folks doing CPR, I hope they are secure knowing they did all they could. Very sorry for the loss.

A Westlake football player recently had a lethal arrhythmia while playing A&M Consolidated. We know the family, both parents are doctors and were there immediately administering CPR. They told us had there not been a defibrillator available, their son would not have survived.

Very sad news about Officer Do. My condolensces to you, and all his co-workers, friends and family.

Holy cow, only 34. I'm sorry to hear about this, what a shame.

Sad to hear it. Prayers to both of Do's families. The one at home and the one in blue.

Sorry to hear it Kenny. Always tough losing friends unexpectedly when everything seems to be going so right for them. I hope his wife has people to help take care of her. I can't imagine how hard this has to be :-|

Back