• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Angeioplasty to Heart bypass. Prayer please.

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
My grandfather went in to the hospital this morning to have angeioplasty done and while they were checking him out they decided his heart is too blocked for that to work so he's going in for bypass surgery this afternoon.

This on top of his fractured wrist from getting out of the chair last week.

If you could please keep him and my grandmother in your prayers, we would greatly apperciate it.

Thanks

:tab I hope it all goes very well. My uncle had two separate quadruple bypass surgeries. He went on to live a very active life for another 25 years or so before finally suffering a fatal heart attack while working in his beloved garden. He came in, sat down, asked for a glass of water, and died quietly in the moment that his wife turned around to get his drink. It has been about 10 years and she now realizes what a great way that was for him to die. Sure, it was a shock for her, but he did not suffer and was doing exactly what he loved to do right up until it was his time to go. I only hope I am so fortunate! I wish the same for your grandad, that he puts this behind him and has many more happy and active years before it is finally his time.

UPDATE:

Grandpa went into surgury around 1415 and got out around 2000 seems they had some trouble finding veins that would work in his legs.

Turned out he require a 5x bypass and was just a hairs-breath away from a heart attack.

He's in ICU now and will be there for at least the rest of the night.

All things considered, it looks like he's going to make it and is doing pretty decent, but he's in no way out of the woods yet.

Thanks for your prayers, please keep them coming.

Went up and saw grandpa this evening. He's still in ICU, but he's off the ventilator and into the O2 mask.

He's looking pretty good to me. Before the surgery, he was really starting to look week and frail. and even though he's fresh out of surgery, he's looking more perky then he was. Guess it helps to get the juices flowing like they should.

My dad and I told him 4 times in the 5min we were there to leave his IV's/bandages/gown alone. :doh: its good to see him more like himself again.

Thanks for the prayers, I've no doubt they helped and will continue to help.

tx-vfr said:
My dad and I told him 4 times in the 5min we were there to leave his IV's/bandages/gown alone. :doh: its good to see him more like himself again.
Looks like a good sign... ;-)

Glad he has perked up. Keep us posted...

Got a report from grandma through dad, so the details may be a bit fuzzy.

He's still in ICU, but they got him up and moved him around a bit today. nurses seem to be happy with his improvement. Grandma is also pleased, and if she's happy grandpa will get better quicker.

keep those prayers coming, they are working.

Good news! Good thoughts still coming. :)

UPDATE:

He's doing better, physically, but he keeps bouncing between a "I'm ready to get out of here!" and "why even bother, I'm not worth anything"

He's coming along, but he still needs prayer.

Back