• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayer for a friend

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
A very good friend of mine went as a short term missionary to Mali Africa in 2006-2007 and one of the "souvenirs" she brought home wasn't so nice.

She started feeling bad a few months before she came home and its steadily gotten worse since then.
Numerous doctors and tests have yielded nothing of substance. The treated her for Giardia (sp?) and that might have improved her a little, but in no way fixed the problem.

If y'all would kindly keep her in your prayers, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I assume this is Pamela (texannurse) - will definitely add my prayers...

Please keep us posted as to her condition.

I assume this is Pamela (texannurse) - will definitely add my prayers...
Actually its not, Pamela is doing fine. This is Ashley, another Africa SM and friend of Pamela's as well.

I'll keep y'all updated as I find out. Thanks for your prayers

I'll pray too

and here's a personal story for some encouragement. My dad worked for Haliburton out of Nigeria, month on/month off. One month he came home with flu like symtoms and it kept getting worse. He went to doctors and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. He eventully started looking real jondis [spelling, he was looking yellow], one doctor finally clued in and tested him for malaria, and sure enough that's what is was. He went to doctors all over the state no one knew what to do and nothing was working. My parents were at their wits end, and they were at a church service and at the end when people were praying, this real sweet short lady in our church went to the back were dad was sitting and dragged him to the front for prayer [he could barley stand and walk on his own]. The details on what happend next I don't remember real well, but they prayed for him for a long time. The next day he woke up feeling a little better, his appitite had come back, and over the next week he progessively improved and regained all his strength.. It was a total miracle.
I said all that to say, God still does cool stuff.

Thanks for the prayers!

She's been eating "mush and monkey food," grains and fruit, and has been feeling a little better.
She goes to see an allergist this week, hopefully they'll find something.
Her pastor is also going to be anointing her this week.

I'll update as I find out.

Thursday morning she was anointed.
Thursday afternoon she saw the allergist.

All tests came back negative. No allergies.
She's feeling LOTS better, eating what she wants and is absorbing the energy from her food.
Full strength isn't back yet, but that'll come with being able to eat and absorb the food.

Quite simply, she was healed. We serve an Amazing God.

Thanks for your prayers!!

Last edited:
Ashley's continuing to regain her strength and is still feeling better (excluding the current head-cold)

She's got an interview for acceptance into med school on Tuesday (Feb 17) If y'all would pray, that'd be great.

Ashley's continuing to regain her strength and is still feeling better (excluding the current head-cold)

She's got an interview for acceptance into med school on Tuesday (Feb 17) If y'all would pray, that'd be great.

Did they very diagnose what they are treating? Some African mystery disease?

If she gets accepted, maybe she can figure out what it is! ;-)

They never figured out what it was.

Haha, maybe so. Though I think she's thinking general practice so its not too likely she'll stumble across her mystery disease in that area.

Her meetings went very well. She won't know if she's in or not till she gets the letter in the mail, but so far it sounds promising!

Back