• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2004 Honda XR400R - Street Legal

Reaction score
EDIT: Price $2100
EDIT #2: I'm in Houston (sorry I don't post on here much)LOL

2004 Honda XR400r. It's in good condition and has a Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit installed. It's currently BLUE TITLED in my name. The inspection and registration will need to be renewed, but it won't have any problems passing inspection. It's been well cared for and starts up in 1 or 2 kicks (No electric start) when cold and first kick when warm. Oil has been changed regularly with Mobile 1 Racing T. Oil filter changed every other oil change. It's an offroad bike, so there are scratches and scrapes and dings all over it, but it's a solid bike.

I've got a number of extra parts for it and there are some upgraded parts as well.

-New side number plates (I still have the old ones that I was planning on putting on when offroad or trail riding)
-Upgraded Steel front brake line
-I just rebuilt the front master cylinder and caliper
-New front brake pads
-Mikuni Pumper carb (Extra Main and Pilot jets)
-200 W upgraded stator
-I've got 3 sets of tires - Shinko Trailmasters (Street Oriented), Kenda Trackmaster (DOT Knobby, treads are getting a little low but still have a little life), and I just put a set of Kenda K270s on about a month ago
-Oversized Fuel Tank (not sure of the brand, I believe it is 4.8 gal)
-Shark Fin,
-Spark Arrestor,
-New Uni foam filter (about 2 months old)
-14T, 15T, 16T Front Spockets,
-48T and 42T Rear Sprockets, (It can be set up with super grunty low end for trails or geared much higher for more street oriented use with a number of combinations in between)
-New RK Racing X Ring Chain
-Aluminum Skid Plate
-Hand Guards

It's posted on CL now. If you want more pics, let me know.

I just bought a new bike and probably won't be riding this one much anymore.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
EDIT: Price $2500
EDIT #2: I'm in Houston (sorry I don't post on here much)LOL

2004 Honda XR400r. It's in good condition and has a Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit installed. It's currently BLUE TITLED in my name. The inspection and registration will need to be renewed, but it won't have any problems passing inspection. It's been well cared for and starts up in 1 or 2 kicks (No electric start) when cold and first kick when warm. Oil has been changed regularly with Mobile 1 Racing T. Oil filter changed every other oil change. It's an offroad bike, so there are scratches and scrapes and dings all over it, but it's a solid bike.

I've got a number of extra parts for it and there are some upgraded parts as well.

-New side number plates (I still have the old ones that I was planning on putting on when offroad or trail riding)
-Upgraded Steel front brake line
-I just rebuilt the front master cylinder and caliper
-New front brake pads
-Mikuni Pumper carb (Extra Main and Pilot jets)
-200 W upgraded stator
-I've got 3 sets of tires - Shinko Trailmasters (Street Oriented), Kenda Trackmaster (DOT Knobby, treads are getting a little low but still have a little life), and I just put a set of Kenda K270s on about a month ago
-Oversized Fuel Tank (not sure of the brand, I believe it is 4.8 gal)
-Shark Fin,
-Spark Arrestor,
-New Uni foam filter (about 2 months old)
-14T, 15T, 16T Front Spockets,
-48T and 42T Rear Sprockets, (It can be set up with super grunty low end for trails or geared much higher for more street oriented use with a number of combinations in between)
-New RK Racing X Ring Chain
-Aluminum Skid Plate
-Hand Guards

It's posted on CL now. If you want more pics, let me know.

I just bought a new bike and probably won't be riding this one much anymore.

Thanks for looking.

https://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/d/2004-honda-xr400r-street/6313861675.html

Still have this for sale. Price drop to $2100. Not on CL anymore. I got tired of dealing the the spam.

2c49eff40d01162f4b4d574a4ece7145.jpg

be98fa69376dd517df5dff1679a9596f.jpg

e3af0d10eb8ee67bf2a7ab55a9de4e28.jpg

bebfeaa28af06e82e1c4618ed3e8f340.jpg

298ac8dd5b82eb6f33c72cf2941a8e2e.jpg

47d2514e9869ec051164c9025eb3dde8.jpg

0ce9471dbe05dc1e66b18c3fcace90a4.jpg

f37b25f0a7936a7c51e6b0b0b2a3f03d.jpg

baa5bc45823cc714efb77f4845474dc3.jpg

Last edited:
Back