• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Novembers Meet n Greet n Eat with A Ride on the side- Sun. 11/9

I'd like to be added to the "most probably gonna make it to lunch", but no camping.

Glad y'all finally made it up to my neck of the woods!

My deer camp will be in use, but I do have a pasture (with running water) if y'all wanna camp there, but its on the west side of PK.

Also, if y'all are gonna be in the Jacksboro area, I highly recommend eating a burger at Hurd's Burger. There is nothing like it.

Amen Brother:clap: Herd burgers are legendary !
Mexican food place on the east side of the square is pretty good as well.

Last edited:
In the interest of continual quality control for this RTE I made a run down to Cool to try their breakfast.:trust: Actually there was no eggs, sausage, or ham in the fridge and I was hungry and I needed to try the heated grip install I finished yesterday. I decided to try "the Haystack", biscuit, sausage, eggs smothered in gravy... Really good gravy. Having been the recipient of the "starving children in China" lecture as a child I was forced to eat,the whole thing and won't eat again till tonight. After checking out a road or two I proceeded to Wally World in Mineral Wells to alleviate the grocery shortage at home for myself and the dogs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Don't know where the other pic went. Does a fifty lb. bag of dog chow riding pillion make me look like a redneck? This is Wal Mart not Starbucks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 185
Anyone riding down from up North? I'm near Gainesville and will be riding down that Sunday morning. Riding solo is just fine, but wanted to throw that out there if there are peeps up this way that like company.

Herd's is closed Sunday. However they should be open till 10:00 pm Saturday night:eat: Herd's has been in business since 1916 so they probably have the hamburger figured out:trust:

Herd's is a great and unique burger unlike any I have ever had so if you haven't been I would suggest a ride over for lunch. A lot of great roads around Jacksboro too so it's a win/win!
85cadf7d392f3318ec6ea12c12885a3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herd's is a great and unique burger unlike any I have ever had so if you haven't been I would suggest a ride over for lunch. A lot of great roads around Jacksboro too so it's a win/win!
85cadf7d392f3318ec6ea12c12885a3f.jpg

Sounds like Saturday lunch or dinner before the main event.:bbq:

That looks Ann's sounds great. How about we do dinner there Saturday. It's 4 miles from the camp ground, say 6:30 herds. Those camping we can have some cobbler for dessert later. Thoughts.

Sounds like Saturday lunch or dinner before the main event.:bbq:

Just a heads up they only take cash and chips and drinks are the only sides, no French fries or onion rings. The place is small so not much seating inside but they do have a couple of picnic tables outside, but there is usually always a crowd.

I am thinking of taking a winding, scenic route from Kerrville to Lake Brownwood SP, camping there Saturday night and then more winding, scenic roads to Cool on Sunday.

Anyone wanting to meet Scott and I for departure from Kerrville or at the park itself, is welcome.

Haven't been to this park before. They had plenty of sites avail, either with water only or water and electric.

Unfortunately, i cannot be very specific on a departure time for Saturday, "when i finish work" is the best i can do. The "winding-ness" of the route will necessarily depend on the departure time....

Thanks, KP!

:rider:

I am thinking of taking a winding, scenic route from Kerrville to Lake Brownwood SP, camping there Saturday night and then more winding, scenic roads to Cool on Sunday.

Anyone wanting to meet Scott and I for departure from Kerrville or at the park itself, is welcome.

Haven't been to this park before. They had plenty of sites avail, either with water only or water and electric.

Unfortunately, i cannot be very specific on a departure time for Saturday, "when i finish work" is the best i can do. The "winding-ness" of the route will necessarily depend on the departure time....

Thanks, KP!

I live 30 miles south of the Lake Brownwood. I'll find your camp in the morning and ride with you and Scott.

I grew up in Kerrville and still have a lot of family there. If the weather holds and I have gotten the brown Hawk sorted like I think I will have I might just toss that windscreen on it and ride down to Kerrville Friday evening, just for the fun of riding back up with the guys who are riding up on Saturday. Maybe even get in on Cheez's ride Sunday morning too!!!! I've been off my old bike since June and I've been losing my mind to get back out and ride some. I don't mind trying to get caught up all in one weekend, lol. Time to really test out this Corbin and make up my mind if I still want to sell this Hawk or not, lol.

That looks Ann's sounds great. How about we do dinner there Saturday. It's 4 miles from the camp ground, say 6:30 herds. Those camping we can have some cobbler for dessert later. Thoughts.

I will be riding with you from camp for dinner on Saturday. Lets make sure we don't spend too much time out during "deer" time. Saw a huge 8 point on the way to work just down the street earlier this week. That big fellow could do some damage.

Thanks, KP!

Scott coming for lunch also?

Count me in on the one year anniversary of KP organized M&G&E.

Back