• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Houston Area Rider!

Reaction score
Hey everyone, i've been lurking around this corner of the web for a while now and I have finally managed to get onto two wheels :rider:.

I recently picked up a 2003 yz125 from one of the guys that I worked with and beside the quick test drive up and down the street I haven't been able to ride it in the dirt yet! I plan on taking a trip to Rio Bravo in the near future but I was wondering if anyone knew of any free/open land in the North-East Houston area where I can take a quick spin to get to know the bike before taking it to the track?

Also, if anyone needs a riding buddy give me a shout!

Glad to finally be a part of the club! :mrgreen:

Congrats cuff We have a small group that rides at 3palms - rio - shnf. I will send you a pm next time we head out.

Rio or the orv area on highway 90 and trinity river are the areas I know about.

Congrats cuff We have a small group that rides at 3palms - rio - shnf. I will send you a pm next time we head out.

Rio or the orv area on highway 90 and trinity river are the areas I know about.
Yeah sounds like fun, look forward to it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, all,

Does anybody know the offroad park with good size flat field for beginners to just circle around?
Or any property owner allows us to do so with some fee?

I used to enjoy riding @ Outlaw Trax when they are in business. Unable to find any in greater Houston area.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi, all,

Does anybody know the offroad park with good size flat field for beginners to just circle around?
Or any property owner allows us to do so with some fee?

I used to enjoy riding @ Outlaw Trax when they are in business. Unable to find any in greater Houston area.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Unfortunately doesn't exist close to Houston. 3 Palms has a kiddie track of some sort and very easy mx track in the back. Might try an easy out and back in the forest.

Thank you Mr. Pops.
Wonder if Sterling Ranch is still open...
No sir, it's sad around here. Owner said he would buy property with the sale money. Covid got in the way and prices went sky high. He's moved on now, we're out of luck. My 40 y/o awesome lease is probably going away in favor of, get this, a solar farm!!!! Just impossible for riders to com pete with big outfits when buying/leasing property.
We've lost: Outlaw Tax, Skull Creek, Brune's Mill, Cherokee, neat place by Waco(forget the name), Sterling Ranch off the top of my head.

Back