• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas State Parks and Historic Sites

All right now, you need to slow down and let me catch up....
I know, I know... Not a chance. :-P

I did manage to pick up Lake Whitney on the 3rd.
P5030003.JPG

Last edited:
All right now, you need to slow down and let me catch up....

I know, I know... Not a chance. :-P

I did manage to pick up Lake Whitney on the 3rd.

P5030003.JPG

Good catch. Hope you keep them coming. Love how easy that sign appeared to be to get. Some of the signs are almost impossible to get while reading it and getting your bike in it also. Oh well, just makes it more interesting.

ATGATT. Lee
" I never worry about getting lost.
I just change where I plan on going."
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today I left Bandera at 7am and finished in Beaumont . 557 miles, 13 hours and only 5 state parks.
But Sea Rim has been captured..
Today included Palmetto, Stephen F Austin, Brazos Bend, Galveston, and Sea Rim.
34 of 78. Wish I had kept track of my mileage, oh well, it will end up several tanks of petro and maybe sets of tires.

SeaRim_SP-1-M.jpg

Sea Rim has been the most difficult to get so far. Very remote and of course I left it until the end of the day and then couldn't find a motel until Beaumont.

Tomorrow I'll head north and pick up 5 more state parks. Then I'm off to visit cover bridges in Alabama and Georgia with side trips to tall of the dragon.
Alls Good [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
ON Friday, 5 June to continued my quest for state parks in SE Texas before heading east to to Alabama and Georgia.

Today I left Beaumont heading north, then west, then north and finally east.

First was Village Creek which was a quick run up 287 and 96. Next I traveled west on Hwy 90 which turned out to be a very nice road with little traffic. I had expected the worst as it was 7:30am on a work day. Next was Shelton Lake near Houston, then north (I did find traffic here) to Huntsville SP then east to Lake Livingston SP and Finished this day with Martin Dies Jr. SP

MartinDies-SP-2-M.jpg

Then after spending the next 9 days out east visiting 28 covered bridges, in 2 states and 2000 miles I return to Texas to pick up a park I had missed before.
Mission Tejas.

MissionTejas-SP-1-M.jpg

Making this trip 3920 miles and 11 Texas State Parks.
My total for this year is now 40 of 78

Other State Park Photos

Last edited:
I have been out riding for State Parks but have been very lazy in getting them post.
Just finished 1050 miles and 13 parks or historical sites. Will post an update real soon. Not sure anyone else is following this thread but I'm having a blast seeing this great state as can be seem best on 2 wheels.

Lee

I have been out riding for State Parks but have been very lazy in getting them post.
Just finished 1050 miles and 13 parks or historical sites. Will post an update real soon. Not sure anyone else is following this thread but I'm having a blast seeing this great state as can be seem best on 2 wheels.

Lee

Better late than never. Here is the list from March 4-6 2016

Choke Canyon - Calliham
Lake Corpus Christi
Goliad
Goose Island
Mustang Island
Fort Polk H.S
Port Isabel H.S.
Padre Island a National Seashore
Boca Chica (closed . no longer a state park)
Brazos Island - No Longer a state park but a national turtle preserve - - Long drive But beautiful!)
Resaca De La Palma
Estero Blanco Grande
Bentsen Rio Grande Valley
Falcon
Lake Casa Blanca International

I'll put pictures on my Smug Mug later today (I hope):sun:

Last edited:
Back