• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Next Class/Tutorial

drfood

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Last Name
Gerdes
Greetings--Jay and I were wondering if there are any plans for any "classes/tutorials" in the near future. Now that we have Lightroom 6 installed and are getting back into the swing of photography we're hoping that one day soon the group will reassemble and we can join. We'll even bring the donuts and/or kolaches.

We need somebody to host in another location...like not in Austin, so others will attend. I'm okay with hosting, but I'm afraid it will draw the same local people.

Scott and I were kicking this around over a beer and we know that is where all great ideas start...:rofl: But what sort of interest is there out there? DrFood, you are in the Houston area, anyone else down that way interested in a gathering of photographers? It was a sharing/teaching session up here and we'd do it the same way.

Or is there is a cluster of people in the DFW area?

Or should we just do it in Austin again? I can host it without a problem.

Rusty--
Of course beer is the lubricant for the soul and brain....:chug:

My vote is Austin or Dallas area. We'll bring the donuts and Kolaches. :eat:

Thanks for kicking the idea around.

Darrell

:tab We did one at Duke's place in the Woodlands once. That was fun. He has no kids, like I do, so that takes some of the flying monkey issues out of the equation... :eek2:

:tab You know, at one time we used to do end of the year Pie Runs at a hotel. The food was catered and we used a banquet room at the hotel. That way we had food, space, and time. IF there was any drinking, people could wander up to their room and go to bed without any worries of someone trying to drive after drinking. We did several of these at a hotel in College Station and had a lot of fun. I realize not everyone wants to cough up the $$ for a hotel room though, so they wouldn't HAVE to stay. Just a thought...

Back