• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 Continental Divide Ride, New Mexico

:tab We had rain/hail and temps in the low 30s. We ran from ToC over to Silver City, up to the Cliff Dwellings, back down and then over to 191 where we ran up to Hannegans Meadow for the night. Then we ran up to Alpine, cut back East on a bit to Blue River Road that cut South to the Blue River, ran along the river then crossed it and eventually dropped us out on 180 South of Spruce. That was a great stretch, even in the rain. By the time we got up to Reserve on Hwy 12, it was raining quite hard and there was more on the way.

:tab I had originally intended to take us South out of Reserve on 435 before cutting East on Loco Mountain Road, which would have brought us out at 159/61. The radar in that direction was NASTY. So our detour was to run up to 94, then hit 159/61. We did not get rained on and it actually cleared up, but it was WET!! I did go down in the mud at one spot at relatively low speed. It was so slick three of us could hardly keep our feet under us to pick up the bike, and it wasn't even heavily loaded. Worse, the mud was mixed with cow poo... :huh2: Oh yeah... I was smelling farm fresh after that day! :lol2:

Excellent ride and report. I like the way to travel.

Back