• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member: Waco area

Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Jackson
Hi everyone! New to this forum, but not new to motorcycling. I've been at it for fifty plus years (ok, there was a 20 year break when I had a young family). I'm a retired USAF aviator and ride a BMW K1600GTL. Though I'm an ATGATT kinda person, I guess even at 66 years old, a fellow can still have the need for speed once in awhile can't he? The wife and I just completed a 9,000 plus mile journey (confession: we have a toyhauler fifth wheel and travel with our three dogs) to the Maine coastline, then back west to Idaho before returning home via Utah, Colorado, and New Mexico. During the journey, among other things, we did Tail of the Dragon and attended two rallies: Americade and the BMWMOA rally in Salt Lake City. I'll be posting more photos in the following days. I'm looking forward to getting acquainted with other motorcycle nuts, particularly in the Central Texas area. BTW with reference to the photo taken on the Dragon ride, the wife and I had swapped helmets because she had somehow developed a terrible hotspot. The swap worked just fine! :rider:
downsize_1560324.jpg

:welcome: & enjoy! Too bad it was 9000 miles by scooter :(

Welcome to the forum. Love the K16. There are a lot of us retreads who skipped a couple of decades of riding for the sake of kids or career. By the way, 66 is a really good age. Not that I'd know.... ;-)

I am in Hewitt, if you see a blue R1200RT around wave me down. Hope to see you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome,

I work in Waco and live between China Spring and Crawford. Been in the area most of my life. Ride a gray 1200RT. Hey, this is at least 3 Beemers in Waco. Is this becoming a trend?

Maybe we will run into each other some time.

Well we could always organize an accidental meeting. I'm free most Sunday mornings.

Welcome to the club, hope you can make one of the rides and get to meet a few of us in person!! Ride safe.

Gary

Well we could always organize an accidental meeting. I'm free most Sunday mornings.

How about the meet and greet on Sunday the 10th? I plan to go. Any other Waco riders going?

I'm down for it. I will have to be back in Waco by 6pm, go on shift at 8 that night. Where is it?

I'm down for it. I will have to be back in Waco by 6pm, go on shift at 8 that night. Where is it?

It's in Brownwood. There's a sign up thread around here somewhere. Maybe we can get Mr2much to lead us on some goat paths. He knows where they all are.

That would be fun, but goat paths and RT's don't mix well. I will chase that signup down.

I'm in for Brownwood. Plan to ride over with txtinman. Look forward to it!
:pilot:

Also if any of you Beemer folks in the Waco area are MOA members let me know.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Back