• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

More power 1250.

Pretty sweet machine. Currently my bike has a holes shot stage 2 with header. It’s fun but I’m looking for more power. 20 more horsepower would be nice. What’s the best bang for the buck??? Cams and compression ?

Pretty sweet machine. Currently my bike has a holes shot stage 2 with header. It’s fun but I’m looking for more power. 20 more horsepower would be nice. What’s the best bang for the buck??? Cams and compression ?

Yes, the above dyno is with cams, compression, and some headwork. Even without the headwork you can be at 145 rwp easy.

lets say i go 12:1 compresssion, yoshi cams, some minor porting, could I be close to 150whp? im not sure i wanna ditch the stock throttle bodies yet but i know a 1255cc motor breathing through 36mm bodies isnt helping the cause.

If you want to over revving the motor it is a good idea to install valve springs from bandit 650. Off course you should slot the camshaft sprockets for proper timming.

This is mine with yoshi camshafts and compression, but without porting.

Last edited by a moderator:
that looks really good. Do you have any people that you recommend for porting? I would really hate to send my head off and have it hacked up.

I milled the head 0,7 mm and 0,1 the top off the cylinder blocks. For yoshimura camshaft it is should be ok. On my friends bandit they went more, 1mm on head and 0,2 on the block, but with high duration 254/1mm intake camshaft.

oh ok. are there any gains to be has from the exhaust cam? wondering if I just had the intake cam ground to a 244-248 duration.

Yes you need to ground the exhaust as it is very very small. Yoshi exhaust is 220 duration 7,4mm lift so something about there, no more than 224. Intake can be regrind up to 8,8mm lift. That seems to be the limit. Yoshi intake is 234/ 8,8 lift. About intake duration you can compare the 2 dyno.
Of course they are different days with quite different temperatures but you can get an idea. The first is intake 254/8,8mm exhaust 220/7,2mm , 1,2mm shaved head/block for compression and head work. The second is yoshi cams, 0,7mm shaved head. Both bikes used same header and ecu hacked. As you see first one is much better at high rpm about the same middle and a little worse at low.

Last edited:
The dyno above with 143 rwp is with the yoshimura.
The dyno on page 4 with 152 rwp is with 254 intake.

My best run is 160,9 rwp. That is with my previous header and yoshimura inlet camshaft in a quite low temperature.

In the dyno run below green line is the same set up as above but with 36 degree temperature. As you can see there is a 5 hp difference. The yellow line is with my second header, 3 more hp on top.

I still need to dyno it with the new camshaft off 255 duration. I Believe i have got about 4-5 more hp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back