• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Places to ride around Houston

ltw9r

Reaction score
Looking for places (trails) to ride dirtbikes around the Houston area... I am on the N/E side of Houston (Lake Houston).. Looking for places to take the 8 and 14 yr old to do some riding....

Whenever the SHNF opens, I plan to make a run out there... But I am also looking for some other places we could go riding... Even if it is a 100 mile day trip..

I have seen some places posted around Austin and Dallas.... But what do we have around Houston????

Thanks
Tommie

Creekside edge in splendora

Three Palms in Conroe - I wouldn't recommend for a Saturday or Sunday unless the kids have been riding for a while.

Crooked Creek outside Waco - Some really kid friendly trails, better than the forest. But a little over a 100 miles.

Highlands MX in Highlands - I've never been there so I can't comment.

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.

are any of those trails? and not a mx track?? highlands? 3 palms?

i looked at the website for creekside edge... has anyone been out there on a dirt bike? what was it like?

crooked creek is 195 miles from my house... wow... :eek:

Nearest pay to play place to you is Rio Bravo. Their tracks are nice but trails are limited. Some surrounding land that can be accessed via the park though.
http://www.riobravomx.com/

Free places to ride, I know a couple places not too far from you but I won't post it on a forum. Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I'll call you.

_

are any of those trails? and not a mx track?? highlands? 3 palms?

i looked at the website for creekside edge... has anyone been out there on a dirt bike? what was it like?

crooked creek is 195 miles from my house... wow... :eek:

A small trail section at 3 Palms. Also a kids only track and the woods track which is kid friendly.

Highland appears to be all track, no trails.

Crooked Creek trails and two small tracks, fun place to ride that we hit 2 to 4 times a year even with the 165 mile drive.

Posting with Tapatalk for iPhone.

Skull Creek in Columbus, members only.

www.trh-cycle.org

I have done some reading about Skull Creek... I have some family that lives close to there..... that could be an option if i can't find anything closer...

outlawtrax seems nice.... but $780 for an annual membership? could not find any info on the msra prices for working at the track etc...

Nearest pay to play place to you is Rio Bravo. Their tracks are nice but trails are limited. Some surrounding land that can be accessed via the park though.
http://www.riobravomx.com/

Free places to ride, I know a couple places not too far from you but I won't post it on a forum. Shoot me a PM with your phone number and I'll call you.

_

thanks for the talk and suggestions.....

A few years ago, I was visiting Lake Houston. I was just riding around exploring. I recall see dirtbikes tear up and down a field. And I saw pickups and trailers. Is there a secret riding trail out there?

A few years ago, I was visiting Lake Houston. I was just riding around exploring. I recall see dirtbikes tear up and down a field. And I saw pickups and trailers. Is there a secret riding trail out there?

I live on Lake Houston and there are dirt bikes and 4 wheelers all over the place out here. I don't know about secret trails, but most of the locals have just usurped any land without a fence around it.

I live on Lake Houston and there are dirt bikes and 4 wheelers all over the place out here. I don't know about secret trails, but most of the locals have just usurped any land without a fence around it.

Locals being the key word here. Once you start posting about these riding places then out of area people truck and trailer their bikes in. Increased traffic/noise and presence of hauling vehicles then brings a quick death to the riding areas. Local LEO currently might not bother you but if they start getting complaints then they will quickly shut down the riding permanently.

_

Back