TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > User Reviews of Bikes, Mods, Gear, etc,... > Mods

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 02-01-2017, 06:21 PM   #1
whoa

Is anyone experimenting with led tail lamps?

I started quest a few years ago while changing the tail section of my Thruxton. A Speed Triple came along, then a Street Triple which diverted my attention from that old school style of riding. I'm ready to roll that bike out again and pick up where I left off.

While that was going on, I checked out some lights either purchased, or that guys had made DIY. I have to say they were underwhelming. Later on I noticed some tail lights on bicycles that outclassed what I'd seen on motorcycles. So I know it can be done, I just need to source the proper parts.

If you've done LEDs for this type of application, I'm interested in your source for components, and where you found the spec sheet to build the lights. Along with this, has anyone made lense covers for LED? I've read a little on this and it may be the color of lense and lights may be the downfall on some kits.

There are good sources for DIY lenses on hot rod and custom forums, but they are typically related to analog setup. I'd love to hear if you've had some success with this type of modification.
whoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
Centex
Forum Supporter

Re: Is anyone experimenting with led tail lamps?

I've a similar interest, probably you've seen the same sites I have via Google "led circuit design", etc.

sub'd to follow along.
2001 M750
Centex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
Ron Schappaugh

Re: Is anyone experimenting with led tail lamps?

check out http://electricalconnection.com I've had their setup, which includes turn signal lights doubling as running and brake lights, on my XR650L for 3 or 4 years with no problems. It puts out a lot more light on your back side
Ron Schappaugh is offline   Reply With Quote