• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Stage 2 butterfly removal question.

Did you have to unhook the rectifier when you took the throttle bodies out?

LOL you beat my to it

Haha No.. but with my inexperience, and after reading that part of the service manual 30x, I couldve very easily done so by mistake. Was thinking of what could cause everything to die all at once, ignition and direct electrical power seemed logical. I know residential electrical very well, moto electrical is new to me :drool:

I believe the only thing I did on that side of the bike was the o2 bypass. I will look there first though.

I drove around like a maroon, with the TPS disconnected, the 1st time I did the job. Funny enough, it did not make one bit of diff with throttle response at the time. It has to be something like mine: something is loose or not connected, and it probably rode just long enough to give excitement, then came apart like one of the cars in the movie "Gung Ho"

Especially since it was running just fine right before you disassembled..

Last edited:
Broncsrule, did you install O2 sens while in dealer mode? I read a few hundred times in the service manual where it states making changes to electrical while in dealer mode can alter ecu settings. Also if the bike was on but not running...

these Suzukis seem like the polar opposite of a pocket bike, per se. I am starting to talk gently to it before taking it out, just like I'd do to a skittish horse: "Its alright girl... easy now... eeeeasy does it... good girl.." j/k aint that bad at all :D

Broncsrule, did you install O2 sens while in dealer mode? I read a few hundred times in the service manual where it states making changes to electrical while in dealer mode can alter ecu settings. Also if the bike was on but not running...

these Suzukis seem like the polar opposite of a pocket bike, per se. I am starting to talk gently to it before taking it out, just like I'd do to a skittish horse: "Its alright girl... easy now... eeeeasy does it... good girl.." j/k aint that bad at all :D

No, not in dealer mode, i don't believe. I don't know how to get to dealer mode or why I would want to be in dealer mode... What is the purpose of dealer mode?

No, not in dealer mode, i don't believe. I don't know how to get to dealer mode or why I would want to be in dealer mode... What is the purpose of dealer mode?

Dealer mode is when you short the plug under the right side cover, by connecting the upper right and lower right corner receptacles w/ a small wire, for the purpose of diagnosing codes, adjusting TPS, and somebody pls correct me if I am mistaken, it puts the ecu in sync mode for throttle body syncing..

Probably several other reasons for a tech to put it in dealer mode. For me it was purely for that whole -C00 TPS adjustment I recently had to do..

Back